SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My P365 has ruined me!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My P365 has ruined me! Login/Join 
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted
When I first got my P365 a few months ago, I assumed it would be for warm weather carry only, and that once cooler weather arrived that I would switch back to my P225 or P229. Well, cooler weather IS here so I switched back!

After only two days of carrying a bigger gun, one of which has LESS capacity, I am back to my P365, the 225 is back in the safe, and the 229 is back on bedside/home defense duty!

Dangit… this little thing has spoiled me!

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4577 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Have you considered a P365XL?

Did the Magula UpLula work out for you to top off your P365 mags?

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Same with me. My 228 doesn't come out of the safe anymore except for range day.

Posts: 1217 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I carried a P220 for a long, long time.

Then I spent a couple of weeks in Hawaii last November and thought about how nice it felt not to have all that weight hanging on me.

I'm now carrying a P365X Romeo Zero and I'm happy.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gotta say that I really like the 365 XL. Perfect size for me.

Semper Fidelis

Posts: 119 | Location: Missouri | Registered: August 01, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in. I own a 365XL and a 365 (with a Grayguns XL grip module and straight trigger). My other Sigs rarely come out of the vault. For that matter, my former EOCs-- S&W Shields in 9 and 40, probably have no future at all.

Posts: 270 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
EDC.

Posts: 270 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
You're not alone. My P365XL MS makes it really hard to justify carrying anything else concealed.

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4198 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Right there with you. I switched from carrying my 320X Compact to the 365X and rarely, if ever, change back.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I pretty much don't rotate guns anymore.

The reason is that getting used to just one means I don't second guess an operation - like, safety down to fire - frame mounted - or up - slide mounted. And a grip is more established vs changing up from 365 to .38 with rubber boot grips.

I'm also reducing my inventory being retired and not wanting my wife to throw everything in the truck to sell at the first pawn shop she sees. I was at a military collectors shop and he was telling me an old gun show friend had passed, his first notification was his widow backing into his diagonal parking as she saw he was open. Opened the trunk and there was his entire collection thrown in, no cases or blankets.

He bought it all and I was picking thru the shoulder holsters no longer manufacured in the USA. In will likely let it go with that gun as it's a matching piece, so to speak.

If you don't plan ahead, you plan to fail, imagine seeing your gun collection tossed in the trunk of a car and off it goes to the lowest bidder. You can't know for a fact you got the best price unless there are more than two.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
Have you considered a P365XL?

Did the Magula UpLula work out for you to top off your P365 mags?

I handled the XL side-by-side at the store with the standard model I ended up buying. I wanted the smallest package possible for those occasions where I wanted pocket carry, so went with the standard model, plus a few 12-round mags for a longer grip when carried IWB.

Yes, the UpLula did help in getting those pesky mags topped off. Thanks so much!

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4577 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tirod:
I was at a military collectors shop and he was telling me an old gun show friend had passed, his first notification was his widow backing into his diagonal parking as she saw he was open. Opened the trunk and there was his entire collection thrown in, no cases or blankets.

I once helped a family dispose of over 200 firearms. When I went to their place to look the collection over, they had the guns stacked in a box trailer like cord wood. No cases, no blankets, etc. I found numerous scrapes, gouges, and two broken stocks in the batch.

But back to the 365, I'm a huge fan as well. Smile

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ugh… I’m right there with you. I’ve carried SIG DA/SA guns of every model for the past forty years. I’ve been militantly against ever switching to a plastic striker fired gun for carry, although I’ve owned several as toys. Last year I played with a friend’s P365XL. That was either a bad mistake or a divine encounter. I’m still not sure which. But now I’ve got a few of them and have even drifted over to the P320 platform.

I recently sold my beloved P232, as I can’t justify pocketing a .380 that’s heavier and lower in capacity than my P365SAS. Old Dog/New Trick.

Posts: 27 | Location: Southern Arizona | Registered: January 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've more or less much loved the 365 since shortly after it came out. But the XL, is to me, the perfect carry pistol.

So much so that I sold my Glocks, except for my beloved 42, and feel fine with the XL as my EDC.

Bob

Posts: 1573 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I've had my 365X Romeo One for a week and a half now, and shot it again today after doing a M*CARBO spring replacement for the striker and the striker block.

Changing those two reduced the trigger pull around 1-1/2 pounds or so and smoothed up the pull very nicely.

Today 3 of my squad members shot the gun and all agreed the trigger was much better after the spring job and all remarked on the accuracy of the gun. The bonus is a 12 round magazine that doesn't protrude beyond the bottom of the grip.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me too. I got a 365X, grip that allows a tight hold for accurate shooting, flat trigger, optic ready just in case, and night sights, although I have a set of Speed Sights on the way.

Posts: 259 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: January 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
This post got me thinking...I too love my P365 and P365xl.

Does anyone think that perhaps...any of the manufacturers will scale some of their full size guns to the thinner profile of the P365 type firearms. I am thinking of a P365 width pistol sized like a P320 full size that holds 20 plus rounds within the grip.

Posts: 1349 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Shot my new P365 Romeo Zero again today.

It's amazing that a gun this small and light doesn't recoil enough to disqualify it as a range gun. I think I could shoot this thing all day.

Working on increasing my speed without degrading my accuracy too much and it's coming along better than I expected.

posted Hide Post
I carry my 365 in a Sticky pocket holster pretty much all the time when not at work (can't carry there). I OWB carried my 9mm 229 the other day and am seriously wondering why I did that.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spdski
posted Hide Post
I used to have a number of Glocks in the rotation.

In the last year or so, it's been the Sig P365 or a Glock 48 (with S-15 mags) when I'm willing to go "bigger."

I really wanted the P320 AXG when they were announced... almost bought one, but then asked myself if I would EVER carry it. Like even once. And realized the answer was no, so I didn't go for it.

Posts: 1273 | Location: Waxahachie, TX | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post