SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Would you be interested if a P225 aftermarket frame was offered.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Would you be interested if a P225 aftermarket frame was offered. Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
Disclaimer* I have no affiliation with ANY manufacturers nor am I asking on behalf of ANY company. We're lucky enough to have a company that offers simple, concise, and trustworthy opinions to its customers, this question comes from such a conversation where neither of us could accurately answer this question.

Would an aftermarket P225 frame (Read P225/P6, not A1) be desired by folks?

I ask after speaking with a company and the concern was, if they make frames where will folks go for what seems to be a limited amount of aftermarket parts. There is some parts overlap with other more popular P-Series pistols, but also unique parts.

Do you feel there are enough parts out there to validate making frames?

Question:
Would you buy a P225 frame?

Choices:
Yes, I have spare parts
Yes, I know exactly where to go for spare parts
No, I wouldn't want to chase down the scarce parts
No, I just don't want one

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Withholding my vote for the moment - threads like this have surprised me before with the information that turns up.

FWLIW, I'd personally prefer the A1 frame just because there's a little more room for those of us with fat hands and fat trigger fingers.

Either way, IMHO the next big question is: where do you find slides? Other parts of the pistol itself might be findable.

The next big question after that is magazines - recent 225/P6 buyers seem to have found those scarce.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've bought and sold a handful of P225s over the years, still like them today........but my biggest issue has always been price of mags.

Availability was alleviated somewhat a few years back when all the P6 mags came in from overseas, but seems to have dried up again?

So, my answer for an aftermarket frame purchase would be impacted by mag $$ & sourcing of parts.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: soflaac,

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1934 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
That's a negative full stop from me. With options like a Commander 1911 or the P210 Carry, I've lost interest in a P225 or a version of a S&W 39 in DA/SA.

Posts: 4155 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Personally I love the P225 but I have no need for an aftermarket frame for one, and seriously doubt the market would support it in todays micro-compact double-stack "high-capacity" carry pistol world.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would tend to agree that the lack of spare parts, particularly magazines, would make this a non-starter.

Posts: 6621 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
That was the No. 1 question to be answered.

"Is there enough support for the scarce parts out there to warrant making frames?"

I think that answer is looking like a NO.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my P225 and of all the Sigs I own, it is the most accurate for me. But I voted no. The earlier post about magazine availability is true and unless Sig offers mags factory new again, I will just keep the 225 I own now.
My P-07 is nearly the same size as my 225 and with higher capacity.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What about slides don't see a huge number available? P-225/P-6 mags have costed above average for quite a while due to the demand. If not now soon to be the P-225/P-6 will be in collector status. I'd be more likely to invest in an all original P-225/P-6 even if the price was higher. Sig did something right the first time around.

Posts: 186 | Registered: December 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Same answer: "Not enough small parts. And, frankly, despite having its fan club, no one is going to crank up machinery for a big single stack 9 these days. The P225's days are long long ago." Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would be interested if any parts were available. The last time I found something for the 225/P6 was an aftermarket barrel and those are no longer made. Years ago there was a company in Germany that had parts, but I lost their web address.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like the 225 and have one. I keep it for what it is, a classic single stack sig. It's a bit of nostalgia but not much more. I can't justify the cost it would take to build or buy another one unless it was a crazy low price. There's too many better options for carry pistols now days.

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Same answer: "Not enough small parts. And, frankly, despite having its fan club, no one is going to crank up machinery for a big single stack 9 these days. The P225's days are long long ago." Big Grin

And this is why I am sad.

Posts: 447 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
[N]o one is going to crank up machinery for a big single stack 9 these days. Big Grin

I wish someone (MecGar) would; I've been on a single-stack 9mm binge lately and batch runs for a few different models (just go on fleabag or itsy and see what's going for more than $80 a pop) would certainly seem very likely to sell out.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
yes, I'd like an aftermarket P225 frame like ala Matrix Precision etc.

and as always it'd be neat if SIG would crank a few more P225A's/P239s/P227s/P224's out.... even if they were special editions no rainbow

Posts: 1471 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
I would have no interest in a frame.

Posts: 18032 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I voted no because I already have 2 originals, with several mags.
If I had none AND a source for parts, I MIGHT be interested.
When Sig did the P225A1 a few years back, they screwed up. They should have made it so it at least used the same mags. I definitely would have purchased some mags at a minimum and probably a gun.

Posts: 4 | Location: Badlands of Montana | Registered: January 19, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would be more interested in a source of quality magazines than a frame. My 225 is quite accurate and reliable, very concealable, which would make it a great carry gun. However, mine is pristine and fairly valuable (likely to increase too), which makes it a safe queen and not likely to need a frame, because I don’t shoot it. And frankly, the trigger is somewhere north of 12 pounds.

The 225A1 is a better carry gun for me, feels better, better sights, better trigger, better ergonomics. But the 365XL puts them both to shame as a carry gun.

Posts: 86 | Registered: August 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If they also make the slide, barrel, internals and magazines, yes. I’d be interested.

I can’t imagine there’s many P225’s out there with broken frames.

Posts: 881 | Location: High desert. Nevada | Registered: April 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post