SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    226 MK 25 shooting low
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

226 MK 25 shooting low Login/Join 
posted
I got a barely used MK25 a few months ago. In my hands it is dead centered but about 4 inches low. Don't know why. My other Sigs aren't.

Posts: 4652 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It drives me nuts. And, I always have to change the front sight. Because they shoot low for me.

I expect the bullet hole to appear at the top of the front sight. With Sig factory sights, they think the bullet should appear where the white dot is.

I don’t know how old your other Sigs are. I swear my original Sigs, late 80’s early 90’s, weren’t that was.

Posts: 881 | Location: High desert. Nevada | Registered: April 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
Are you using a combat sight picture or are you placing the bullseye on top of the front sight?

Good info here: https://www.realgunreviews.com...ights-sight-numbers/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^That's a great article. And not just because the image of a Von Stavenhagen sight picture is one I created (I actually did it specifically for disseminating freely to help fellow Sig owners).

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16267 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I grew up shooting a revolver and using the combat sight picture. then I took a NRA class as well as others and thought I was doing it wrong.... now recently I find out that I'm actually not... I'm so confused.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
^That's a great article. And not just because the image of a Von Stavenhagen sight picture is one I created (I actually did it specifically for disseminating freely to help fellow Sig owners).

Hmm. My KE P228 (bought used years ago) came with Von Stavenhagen dot-post sights, but holds on the POA with the top of the sights, not the usual Combat front dot like all of my New Hampshire SIGs do.

-MG

Posts: 1932 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post