SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    identifying maker of dead P229 night sights
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

identifying maker of dead P229 night sights Login/Join 
posted
New member here. Just brought my pristine P229 .40 LEO trade in home today. Absolutely NO wear to the black on the frame rails!

Anyway, I knew the night sights were dead, but it is a 2011 pistol. Who made the night sights? And might they still be under warranty? I seem to recall a 12 year warranty on tritium tubes.

Rear sighthas a stamped 8, and what looks like faint inking MH3 and maybe AK something. The front has a clear MH3 and AK inked.

Hope this gives someone a clue.

"I need a bigger safe...."

Posts: 18 | Location: Seattle | Registered: May 28, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Meprolight sights to me.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16627 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Pictures never hurt.

Posts: 17567 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yep, Meprolight.

Q

Posts: 27440 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Pictures never hurt.

I was only able to make out the markings with a lighted 40x loupe.

The AK lines up with Meprolight's date code for 2011, which is the birth year of my P229.

"I need a bigger safe...."

Posts: 18 | Location: Seattle | Registered: May 28, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post