SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Holsters...the struggle is real...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holsters...the struggle is real... Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
So, after 31+ years in alw enforcement, and CCW'ing that entire time...I find I have a veritable metric crap ton of holsters I've accumulated over the years... My wife's running joke when a new package arrives is "Another holster...envision a dramatic eye roll...) It's near impossible to find the "right" holster from the get go...so begins the journey of a thousand tears (at least for my checkbook...). All fun aside, who else has a the same problem? Also, is there any one "best choice" for AIWB or in general?

Thanks guys, just having some fun in the midst of my shame...and looking for any good experiences for holsters...

Posts: 1966 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For my heavier guns, p229, and p239 I use Milt Sparks VM2.

Bought one when I first got P239 and kept buying them for additional guns.

The Holster pile is growing for the P365 and P320.

Right now my P365 is in my pocket with a Desantis Nemesis.

Tried a couple of IWB but have been going back to the pocket carry for now.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Same here, piles of leather and kydex holsters, some for handguns I don’t even own anymore LOL.

My go to’s these days are the Tulster Oath, and the Vedder ProTuck

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Like most of us here, I have accumulated a lot of holsters (several foot lockers worth at one time).

But really, the one that I use daily during the Spring, Fall and Winter months are a Kramer horsehide OWB belt scabbard. During the Summer or when I need/want some more concealment it is my Sparks SSII.

I sold a lot of holsters off over the last 15-20 years and still several plastic storage containers full (for my 19s, 26s, and J frames nowadays...)

Oh yeah, my wife has another holster bin for her stuff too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1899 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup, me too. Lotsa holsters trying to find the right one.

Posts: 4592 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What gun(s) are you looking for?
Strictly AIWB or IWB or OWB as well?

I really like G-Code's stuff! G43X, G-19, G-17, with lights, without... I probably have 5 or 6 of them around the house.

https://www.tacticalholsters.c...ory/eclipse-holster/

https://www.tacticalholsters.c...phenom-stealth/-1142

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8354 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's only been a short time and only a few guns that I don't have holsters and for and some i have 2-3 options. From Don Hume to Milt Sparks, Michael Kole, to Galco (including shoulder), AKAH and others off eBay including various mag carriers. A dedicated hard carry-on suitcase full. Girlie have their dolls and dress-up accessories and boys have...

We The People was pretty new when I got these and they've improved and expanded evidenced by their increased advertising budget. For me, they sit high enough AIWB that I can sit down without cutting off circulation Roll Eyes. I am not a sponsor and make no profit from this endorsement.

Posts: 3523 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I've always thought some of these forums could institute a holster swap section along with the classifieds. I think it would make for some interesting action, messages, and information.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1866 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tell people just getting into guns, buy a 55 gallon garbage can for your holsters. OWB, IWB, WITH LIGHT, W/O LIGHT, ONE YOU LIKE-HATE…..

And seriously you have to find one mfg that you like and make holsters you like. I just bought a Vedder for my new CS since I couldn’t find one with my preferred makers.

It’s brutal.

PB

Posts: 65 | Registered: November 27, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
If you don’t have a “box o’ holsters” you are no true scots…..errr gun geek. Smile

OWB I find I like high and tight pancake esque stuff and I tend to like one way button straps vs belt loops. I also tend to like a thumb break as I like a little active retention.

For IWB I like simple clip on kydex stuff. I like Vedder light tucks for this reason. Easy on, easy off, good retention, nice metal hardware/clips etc.

Now of course the above aren’t hard fast rules never to be broken but that is what I have found I like over the years and through many additions to ye old box o’ holsters. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7686 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Haha! I’m almost as addicted to holsters as I am guns. I don’t have a drawer of holsters, I have two trunks and a drawer of them. As far as AIWB, my current shape of “round” make that mode of carry not very practical. That said Tenicor has some really good and somewhat comfortable options but limited gun selections.

I am currently kicking around holster ideas for a cajunized CZ PCR because I shoot it so well.

Posts: 2964 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know the plight you speak of.
Appendix doesn't work for me though. It seems like I can find almost any holster possible for a Glock and it seems 75% of them don't work like I want them to. Gain 5 pounds the iwb becomes uncomfortable. Lose 5 pounds the owb doesn't cooperate. Find a great holster maker, add a light bearing option, it sticks out too much.

I've been on a JM custom kick lately, but I have friends who swear by Tier 1 concealment and black point tactical for their AIWB needs.

I've always wonder why it's easy for me to buy holsters but I never want to sell them.

Posts: 380 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Got lucky & started with a Crossbreed clone for my KT P11 & P320, went to a Vedder for the P320 when it wore out [cracked kydex] & that style still works great for me.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15349 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
You are not alone Wink

Posts: 13816 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
You are not alone Wink

There should be a support group Big Grin

Posts: 1966 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
I had a box of holsters out and was digging for something when my wife walked in seen them.
Said something along the lines of don't say a word about purses anymore..
That was just one box.

Posts: 1482 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
Same here. A shit ton of holsters, many I don't have the guns for anymore and many I can't even remember what they go with.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
many I can't even remember what they go with.

I swear I think all holsters should be stamped with the gun it is designed for.

I’ve started color coding for gun, at least in kydex. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7686 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
quote:
many I can't even remember what they go with.

I swear I think all holsters should be stamped with the gun it is designed for.

I’ve started color coding for gun, at least in kydex. Smile

Yes, going back I wish I coded them. Thanks to the makers that do when they make them.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JM Custom Kydex all the way for AIWB!!

Posts: 123 | Location: Locust Grove, Virginia | Registered: November 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post