SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New from Walther: WMP pistol in 22 Mag
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New from Walther: WMP pistol in 22 Mag Login/Join 
posted
While watching some shooting videos this evening, I ran across a some showing the new WMP pistol in 22 magnum. It doesn't really interest me but I wanted to pass the info along.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So someone within Walther decided that it's high time that the Kel-Tec had some competition?

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
A relative has a revolver in 22 mag, 3 or 4” barrel. Just a reminder, one can shoot 22 ‘WRF’ ammo in a 22 mag chamber, brings it down to or below 22 LR speeds. The blast is way down too.

Yes you’ll have to search them out or mail order, not hard to find.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
So someone within Walther decided that it's high time that the Kel-Tec had some competition?

Looks nice, have to check it out, who wouldn't want another 22 Mag pistol in the stable..

I have the Kel-Tec PMR 30, it's great to shoot, lots of blast plenty of rounds in the well...

30 Rounds of 22 Mag... what's not to like.

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK: 30 Rounds of 22 Mag... what's not to like.

Cost of .22 Mag ammo vs. increased performance out of a 4.5" barrel. For me, the juice isn't worth the $queeze.

Ballistics By The Inch - .22 Mag

Ballistics By The Inch - .22 LR

That said, it looks like a cool pistol that some folks will want to add to their collection.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I believe this new pistol is meant to complement their new female pistol line.

https://waltherarms.com/pdp-f-series/

Reduced trigger reach, easier to rack, less recoil.

A 22 magnum would make a fine home defense pistol for those with weaker hands or arthritis.

Here is the new pistol…
https://waltherarms.com/wmp/

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:

A 22 magnum would make a fine home defense pistol for those with weaker hands or arthritis.

Here is the new pistol…

The problem with rimfire pistols for self-defense is reliability.

I have no doubts the pistol will be bought by some looking for a low recoiling self-defense gun but I think it's generally a bad idea.

Too be honest, I'm not sure what the use case is for this pistol.

I guess it's kind of a slightly expensive to feed plinker that could be pressed into a defensive or anti-rodent role.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd love to try this pistol in 17 HMR with a threaded barrel.

“If the federal government is allowed to hold a monopoly on determining the extent of its own powers, we have no right to be surprised when it keeps discovering new ones.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 234 | Location: Katy, TX | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigtime977:
I'd love to try this pistol in 17 HMR with a threaded barrel.

I wonder how easy it is to swap barrels in this pistol?

Not that there are currently other barrels available but you'd have to think threaded barrels and 17HMR barrels would be no-brainers.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The pistol is gigantic. My hand 'fits' Glock Gen 4s, the BHP, 1911s, K-frames, Python, etc etc. I am well past the distal joint crease of my trigger finger on this Walther. I think it's even porkier than a large-frame Glock 10/45 cal. It's like they found something to make out of their former Creed pistols.

Posts: 383 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
I saw this and found it interesting. Certainly better looking than a Kel-Tec, lol.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6042 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmo952:
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:

Here is the new pistol…

The problem with rimfire pistols for self-defense is reliability.

I have no doubts the pistol will be bought by some looking for a low recoiling self-defense gun but I think it's generally a bad idea.

Too be honest, I'm not sure what the use case is for this pistol.

I guess it's kind of a slightly expensive to feed plinker that could be pressed into a defensive or anti-rodent role.

I've never understood why a rimless version of .22 or .22WMR hasn't been more popular. Of course, you might as well to go something like a .32ACP, but there aren't many of those out there either.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6042 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
Certainly better looking than a Kel-Tec, lol.

No, it isn't, lol.

Posts: 15892 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
Certainly better looking than a Kel-Tec, lol.

That's a pretty low bar. Lol