SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Chambers Custom 1911 Short flat trigger thoughts.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chambers Custom 1911 Short flat trigger thoughts. Login/Join 
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted
Anyone use this? Likes, dislikes?

Have a Kimber Aegis Elite Custom on the way. Typically I swap grips to slim for better trigger reach but want to try a new solution.

Looks weird but effective

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4364 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Triggers are a very personal thing. They're certainly a high regarded and reputable operation and I'd figure anything they put their name* on would be quality.

All depends if you like flat triggers and like the look, again it's highly personal, your own feel and taste. I love flat triggers on a lot of things, especially the 1911. But need long ones, or at least standard length. Short doesn't work for me at all.

The solid triggers seem to be trendy, in vogue. Personally the look makes me cringe, though the short one's are less offensive to me cause there's less to see. lol Nothing more puzzling to me to see a $1-2-3-4K pistol with a trigger that looks like it came out of plastic toy I had as a child. But there's those who love the look, which is great, God bless em.

Looking at the price, I can't see how you can lose. Even if you hate it, it's far from a major loss.

*Who knows who really makes it, them or someone else.

Posts: 21123 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A very personal and subjective choice. I have 10-8 Performance flat triggers in all my 1911s. Fitting required Wink

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8770 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
Have one on the way. Yes it looks odd but I do love the flat trigger I've experience with (SiG 365XL).

If I like I may replace the others (DW PM-C 9, DW Vigil, Rem Tactical).

I am liking the Harrison version as well.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4364 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me the short A1 trigger ( which the army figured out in the 1920’s was a better choice than the long ones we seem to see on every 1911 these days) is the way to go for my medium sized hands.

Posts: 3299 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post