SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    H&K P7 PSP - 15 KH prefix
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

H&K P7 PSP - 15 KH prefix Login/Join 
posted
Is this a collectible gun due to the 15 KH prefix?

It's been at the back of the gun safe for about 20 years.

Thanks for the help!

Oh and lots of pics here

https://photos.app.goo.gl/S8euLsc5qcb37Nni6

Posts: 13 | Location: Reno, NV | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Why, yes, it is. It's from a small production run, the last of the PSPs. Your photos are asking for a login, but here are pics of mine. Mine is about a hundred away from your serial number.

I imagine you're trying to ascertain its value in advance of selling it, yes? What's it worth? Mine resides in a safe deposit box. That may give you an idea.

Posts: 107630 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmm, can you click on the link in the post? It should work fine now. It looks the same as yours, but I am NOT an expert. Thanks

Posts: 13 | Location: Reno, NV | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Working now, yes. Got the spare magazine, box, manual, cleaning brush and firing pin tool?

posted Hide Post
Nope, just the gun. I probably had it years ago

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That will diminish the value.

Normally, this type of thread is strongly frowned upon here, as it constitutes sales outside of Classifieds, which is not allowed.

BUT...

In this case, if you try to sell it here- and only here- I'll allow members to help you with pricing and then you can place it in Classifieds. I'd like to see it go to a forum member.

What say you?

Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
To give you an idea... I was in my gun club a couple of months ago and this was in the used gun display case. I was in a few weeks later and didn't see it, so I asked if it sold. They said yes, a little lower than it was listed. I think I may follow Para's lead with mine, they've been in my safe at home Big Grin

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1312 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That's an M8- far more common than the pistol in question.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
That will diminish the value.

Normally, this type of thread is strongly frowned upon here, as it constitutes sales outside of Classifieds, which is not allowed.

BUT...

In this case, if you try to sell it here- and only here- I'll allow members to help you with pricing and then you can place it in Classifieds. I'd like to see it go to a forum member.

What say you?

I just emailed you. Thanks for the guidance, and apologies for not following the rules.

Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful handgun, that was always just out of reach for me.

I wish I had pulled the trigger decades ago, when they were affordable, for me.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36843 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup. I just took my much more pedestrian P7 to the range the other day. It still shoots much better than I can hold.

I eagerly await the day someone wants my P7's so badly that I can make a wicked trade score.

Posts: 7537 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selecw:
...apologies for not following the rules.
It's not posted prominently, as it should be.

OK, gents- scarce HK PSP, pistol only, and one magazine. What's she worth? It will help immensely if you know what you're looking at- it's not just another P7.

Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I don't know much about that serial number or if the last year of them makes them more valuable. But when I had my PSPs, the M8s were worth some more money. I saw that one in the photo at Scottsdale Gun Club and it sat there a while. It was a special one too and I think they had another with a consecutive serial number, which was part of the reason for that price. Can't remember exactly. But a clean PSP, while CDNN blew them out for $500 15 yrs ago, should be just north of $2k today.

Posts: 3541 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Still blows my mind about the rise of popularity of this gun. I bought 4 of them at $425 15 or so years back. The gun store owner almost laughed at me when I asked if had a gotten a few to sell, he didn’t think they would be worth anything Roll Eyes

I sold one to my dad and one to my cousin for $425. My wife loves them but I bet if I told her they were worth $2k she would say sell em Wink I think I will keep em.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3643 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think/know the police trade in P7’s are at the $2000 mark give or take. These Sterling guns, imported directly for the civilian market with no shitty import markings and such command a higher price. I have no idea how high because I’m not that guy. Honestly that picture of the M8 selling for 4500 bucks sounds ridiculous. I hope it’s true though. Someday my kids will thank me. Lol

Posts: 7537 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I intended to stay out of the specific pricing, but you guys are way off at two thousand dollars. Surplus P7s are going for more than that.

Given its scarcity, I had hoped that this pistol might find a home with a forum member.

Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I'm curious more than anything, hopefully someone here who really follows P7 values will chime in. As far as the OP's P7, it appears to be in excellent condition but not having the box, scraper, and manual will reduce value. It'll shoot just fine w/o them but a lot of buyers for P7's seem to be collectors.

I had no idea the police trade in PSP's were nearing $2,000? I bought 2 when they came available, a B and A condition. Sold the B to a friend a few years back for $1,000, I'll be sure to tell him!

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7102 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
I had not priced Surplus P7's in awhile, Eek I knew they had gone up, but DANG! Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the price about $389 for a B condition. I paid a little more for mine, 14-15 years ago.

Posts: 3574 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depending on the condition I would you could get 1800-2200, but with careful marketing you could get more. But you have probably already gotten some offers, so I don't think you will have any issues unloading it.

Posts: 1806 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guys, please read the Mod's comments. This is a rare 97 PSP. Only a few hundred were produced. The value may be hard to assess, but it is probably not the same as a P7 M8 or surplus PSP. Thanks for all the help though!