SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Loew Left
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Loew Left Login/Join 
posted
Don't know who posted suggestion to use more finger on the trigger0is yo are shooting low left but thank you! Went all the way in to the first knuckle. What a difference!

Posts: 2 | Registered: February 17, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I'm confused. Sticking your trigger finger all the way in, to the first knuckle? And that helped you shoot better? This is a joke, right?

Q

Posts: 26789 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I'm confused. Sticking your trigger finger all the way in, to the first knuckle? And that helped you shoot better? This is a joke, right?

It may well do so. Different sized hands, different sized grips...whatever enables you to pull the trigger straight to the rear without moving the sights. Getting married to the traditional "center of the distal pad" doctrine has done a lot of shooters a disservice.

ETA: I will say that I prefer a pistol that is sized "right" for my hand that enables me to engage the trigger with my finger in the traditional manner, but some simply don't allow for that. J-frames, for instance, get the first knuckle.

Posts: 8823 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Oh, definitely. My 229 gets the pad, but it's the knuckle for J-frame sized handguns.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16466 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Crazy! Eek

Q

Posts: 26789 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
And by knuckle you mean KNUCKLE not that first distal joint? I don’t think I could even pull a trigger from my knuckle point. Now that first joint/crease yeah absolutely but the knuckle?

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7750 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
And by knuckle you mean KNUCKLE not that first distal joint? I don’t think I could even pull a trigger from my knuckle point. Now that first joint/crease yeah absolutely but the knuckle?

You know what I meant, lol! Razz

Posts: 8823 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not always
https://youtu.be/G8JX2hZR_6g?si=4AhElg0Dy8_2ZXns

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Although the term knuckle is often used in reference to just the proximal finger joint, in fact it is the correct term for any of the joints...

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16466 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
It’s leverage. And with better leverage you can mask poor fundamentals. Low left hits from a right handed shooter is caused by pushing the gun downward at the point of ignition. Putting more leverage on the gun inhibits and masks it.

Learning not to push the gun is a better solution.

I do a demo when I teach classes to illustrate this. There is no difference in marksmanship moving the finger position on the trigger as long as the fundamentals are followed. More finger allows one to leverage the gun better, but limits the ability to shoot at any kind of speed because you lose dexterity.

The old, tired “You can do anything to the trigger you want as long as you don’t disturb the sight” is true, but it sets false expectations of how well you’ll do it.

Lots and lots of dry fire is our friend.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37133 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I did actually think KNUCKLE for a second even tried it. Smile. I mean there is so much I don’t know I always figure what the hell I could be wrong. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7750 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^ Smile

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:

Prolly talking about a revolver.

I don’t use the pad of the first finger when I’m shooting revolvers I found more strength when the trigger is centered on the first joint of the trigger finger.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11370 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post