SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Has anyone heard of a P320 in Double Deuce yet?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone heard of a P320 in Double Deuce yet? Login/Join 
Picture of T.Webb
posted
I'm looking to add a .22 plinker to the stable. However, I'm a Sig-A-Holic (which is why I'm here, and not on any Glock forums).

So, like the title says, has anyone heard of a P320 in .22 Rimfire on the horizon?

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, only a lot of wishful thinking.

Posts: 625 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Nothing I know of either. However you would be well served with a Ruger Mark IV or Browning Buckmark and they usually can be found in the mid $300 range and up though 22 LR is currently mostly scarce and expensive unless you have a stash already.

Posts: 9748 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So there's not a .22 kit like I have for my 228?

I didn't think I'd used it very much, as it doesn't really duplicate the 228 9mm experience very well, and it's not nearly as good a .22 as a Ruger or (in my case) a S&W 22A. But I was reviewing my shooting journal yesterday and saw that I shot over 3300 rounds through the .22 slide, though I haven't used it since 2011.

Posts: 165 | Registered: October 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheMan:

No.

Part of the reason is that .22 conversion kits are tougher to make for striker-fired guns (like Glocks and P320s) than for hammer-fired guns (like Classic Sigs and 1911s).

I can only think of one or two companies off the top of my head that offer .22 conversions for striker guns, and those are for Glocks. So far, nobody has come out with a P320 .22 conversion.

Sig offered a .22 conversion kit (and a full standalone .22 model) for the P250, the predecessor to the P320. But again, that's a hammer-fired gun. You could get a .22 P250 if you just want a .22 that looks like a P320 and uses P320 grip modules, but the trigger pull will be very different. The P250 has a long, DA-revolver-like trigger.

Posts: 32528 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And don't be tempted by a killer deal on a Mosquito!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16102 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by TheMan:
Sig offered a .22 conversion kit (and a full standalone .22 model) for the P250, the predecessor to the P320. But again, that's a hammer-fired gun. You could get a .22 P250 if you just want a .22 that looks like a P320 and uses P320 grip modules, but the trigger pull will be very different. The P250 has a long, DA-revolver-like trigger.

I have a P250-22 and I like it a lot. Yes, although it feels almost the same in the hand as a P320, the trigger pull is much different. Arguably, if you can shoot the P250 well, the P320 should be a piece of cake.

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post