SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Navy Chief Commemorative P365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Navy Chief Commemorative P365 Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone know if this is a SIG engraving job or something done by the seller?

https://www.provenoutfitters.c...3ezq048He2WY665ABTyc

Posts: 28 | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
That looks like a typical SIG Commemorative Engraving deal.

Q

Posts: 26424 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Im a retired Senior Chief and am proud of everyday of my service. However there is a 20% premium and 6-8 month wait for the gun. The regular mil/law price is $449 and you can have now. Big Grin

Posts: 1101 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I might look at ordering one.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Odd. What the heck does the P365 have to do with the Navy. Or any mil? I guess if you wanna show navy pride...stuck in a pocket, never seen by anyone.

Not bashing, just doesn’t make sense to me. The “NSW” P226...okay I kinda get that angle. But this is like putting a tea cosy on Frankie Four-Fingers’ head. Why? Or spelling cozy “cosy”.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Commemorative guns like this aren’t for parading around showing to other people like driving one’s Maserati to the Walmart to impress the other shoppers. Yes, many purchasers will show them to a buddy, “Hey, look at this,” when he comes over for a beer or the Super Bowl, but after doing that once they’re for the owner. The room where I’m sitting now has many mementos that would be meaningless to anyone else (other than my wife for a few exceptions). Hardly anyone would know what the tail fin of a B40 rocket or a Soviet propaganda poster referring to events in WW II is, and certainly not what they mean to me.
They remind me of friends, family, my career and accomplishments, and significant events in my life, but they’re for me, no one else.

A commemorative gun would be no different for many people. If, however, one has nothing significant in one’s life to want to remember or doesn’t want to be reminded in that way, then it’s an easy choice: Don’t buy one.

But you asked the question, and that’s one answer.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
As a retired Chief, I'm intrigued. If I hadn't just bought a 365, I would seriously consider it.

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 986 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Wonder if they offer a military discount?

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
They do on items which fall under the LE/ MIL program, which the standard production P365 does.

A price is given in the description and at the bottom of the description, proof of eligibility is highlighted. Whatever discount you would get by having served has already been applied.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2039 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Nice that they are honoring veterans by creating commemoratives for those who have served and are still serving. But I must say that I've never cared for the appearance of a top of slide tramp stamp, regardless of why its there for.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post