SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Revolver for hot humid wet climate
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Revolver for hot humid wet climate Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I love both S&W and Ruger. For brute strength of build and modern “modular” design the Ruger wins hands down. As noted above you can break it down into parts that are very easy to access, clean, and replace parts as necessary. The side plate and screw design of Smiths is a bit in the archaic side.

If I had to choose one of them out of safe for your purpose it would easily be a Ruger and I have GP’s and an SP. For a revolver match I would pick a Smith.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dr.TJ:
What is chodechoker?
It's a contemptuous nickname for gunbroker. Some people are quite unhappy with the new owners of that site.

Posts: 107554 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any revolver that you like will be suitable for hot humid weather. Stainless, blued, whatever.

Posts: 550 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Key is to have a full coverage holster or one with a sweat shield, the combination of salt air, body sweat can cause anything to rust in no time at all.

Regardless of brand, coating, metal, it would be advisable to wipe it down when you get home every evening.

Posts: 23419 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
For every day carry? The Ruger LCR in .327 Federal Magnum is tough to beat. Six rounds in a very weight-conscious package. Mild to wild loads can be found easily (at least here in WV).
If you reload…it’s a very flexible cartridge.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
You can't beat a Ruger. SP101, GP100, or LCR.

I've recently started carrying a Kimber K6s. I LOVE it! It is the size of the SP101, but holds 6 rounds of .357!

Finger groove Grips by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
2.5" sp101 with a Taqua holster

Posts: 3516 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Strange post. What do you normally carry? Carry that.

You don't need some special gun to carry in Florida or Georgia.

What fun is that?

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
226 MK25 should handle those insufferable conditions.

M11-A1 is designed to handle them as well.

---------------------------------
I know my nation best. That's why I despise it the most. And I know and love my own people too, the swine. I'm a patriot. A dangerous man --Edward Abbey

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say "I want to see the manager." - William S. Burroughs

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post