SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Where Are The 320RXs?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where Are The 320RXs? Login/Join 
posted
Ordered a 320FS RX back in February and paid a deposit. Nothing yet. Is there some problem? I see lots of 320s for sale on the web but none with the Romeo. Anyone know the reason for the delay?

Posts: 17 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/B...ds=sig+sauer+p320+rx

your dealer just has zero pull or is pulling your leg.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Purchase made through Hyatt Guns. Not my first deal with them. My price was over $100 less than those on GB now. Never had a problem with this dealer before and Hyatt is a high volume dealer. My contact with Hyatt gives me the Jamaican "soon coming" response. Question whether they hope for me to cancel the order since the 320rx seems to have increased considerably in price.

Posts: 17 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Plenty of online dealers have them in stock for ~$880.

Posts: 32532 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is my point. I paid $749.00 at that time.

posted Hide Post
Don't see "plenty" of the 320rx. They are available but not like the 320FS. Back to original question, does anyone have information about a problem with the production of the rx? Thanks much.

posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum.

SIG seems to fulfill / produce in batches. So if they aren't making RXs right now, it may take awhile to fill your order. The cheaper price also means SIG might not prioritize filling orders for that vendor if demand is up.

So to save the $100, you wait. Wink

posted Hide Post
And SIG recently won the handgun contract w/ DOD with the 320, production might be focused there fulfilling that contract.

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Does your dealer buy direct from SIG? At your price point I would say yes. So unless he places huge orders on a regular basis (much like the big box stores), Newington will get to it when they get to it. At least that's how they are with us when we place orders for a handful (or less) of firearms from them. Even when we do larger orders we still 'get in line' and accept the fact that actual delivery will be measured in months and not days and weeks, especially for popular models, as well as for guns that are out of their current production sequence.

Last year I included in an order an add-in P229SSE for a customer and was quoted by the local rep Maschmedt that it would take 4-6 weeks for that specific model to ship. Instead it took 8 months to arrive, which by that time the customer had changed his mind. If I had even an inkling that it would take so long, I could've bought it through distribution, took a hit on margin, but had a happy customer that I wouldn't have had to GIVE HIS PREPAYMENT BACK.

Thank you SIG Sauer.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I don't get the "order it and wait" mentality for very common firearms.

Custom rifles? Sure

Hard to find weapons through a known distributor who will be getting them first? Okay.

Wait months with no reliable timeframe of an order being fulfilled for a weapon I could have in under a week from other sources? Nope, not even to save $50-100 if it's something I want.

I quantify the time I have to shoot something as valuable and just waiting for SIGs standard party line of 6-8 weeks, cough cough, maybe months... NFW.

Better lucky than good
Picture of r2mach1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Does your dealer buy direct from SIG? At your price point I would say yes. So unless he places huge orders on a regular basis (much like the big box stores), Newington will get to it when they get to it. At least that's how they are with us when we place orders for a handful (or less) of firearms from them. Even when we do larger orders we still 'get in line' and accept the fact that actual delivery will be measured in months and not days and weeks, especially for popular models, as well as for guns that are out of their current production sequence.

Last year I included in an order an add-in P229SSE for a customer and was quoted by the local rep Maschmedt that it would take 4-6 weeks for that specific model to ship. Instead it took 8 months to arrive, which by that time the customer had changed his mind. If I had even an inkling that it would take so long, I could've bought it through distribution, took a hit on margin, but had a happy customer that I wouldn't have had to GIVE HIS PREPAYMENT BACK.

Thank you SIG Sauer.

Yep, that's Sig for ya Frown

We're a Sig Master Dealer and I ordered a 320FRX in early April and another in early May, current schedule dates for both are late September. It would probably be a miracle if they make it in by then. That's just how they roll. Unless you are a heavy hitter in the market you wait. Its frustrating as hell!

The calendar you and I use doesn't seem to work anything like the one they use in NH.

The P320RX guns also took a MAJOR price increase a couple of months back, just because they can. Thanks again Sig Mad

Class III FFL/SOT firearms dealer

Posts: 3645 | Location: Fort Morgan, Colorado | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank all of you for your responses. I get the picture. I'll wait it out and quit with my complaining. I see that my boat is crowded.

Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
My LGS has had one in the showcase for a couple of weeks. They kept tempting me to buy it. Almost pulled the trigger, but waiting for my Wilson EDC X9 to show up. Maybe once I pay for that.

The 320RX is a really nice gun!

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
My local Cabelas's has had several 320s on display every time I have been there for the last several months.

What I find in short supply are the grip modules and magazines for the 320c.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update: Hyatt Guns, NC: Hyatt unilaterally cancelled my purchase and refunded my deposit on the 320rx. The way I found out they had cancelled was a credit on my credit card statement. No phone call, no email, no prior notice of any kind. Called them. They apologized nicely and said I could place the order again at the higher price with another deposit. I asked them if they would honor the purchase if Sig raised their price of the pistol again. Sales person talked to manager and after many minutes, came back to me and said they would honor the purchase at the new price of $879.98. They had none in stock but I could put down another deposit and they would order. I declined and ordered another off GB for less. Very nice pistol. Good out of the box but sent to Robert Burke to make it a super Sig. Don't really blame Hyatt. They couldn't take Over a $100 loss on every 320rx they had on order but an email,at least, would have been common courtesy and they lost my little bit of business forever.