SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I Picked Up An M18 Today
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Picked Up An M18 Today Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Just to alleviate any doubters.

That's quite a deal. Blue Label /first responder program price for one at LGS near me is $649. About $200 more for an average Joe who walks in.

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
tjcj; an idea whilst trying to get my P320 X Compact to mimic what you are experiencing. Not sure given my magazine follower is orange; but are you trying to disassemble it with the magazine in?
The pics in the photos in your second post looks like the mag is in. Mine works like a champ, unless the mag is in.

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The lever shouldn't move with the mag in.

THe mag blocks the sear disconnect.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34072 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
The lever shouldn't move with the mag in.

THe mag blocks the sear disconnect.

Mine would move slightly and pop back with the mag in. That part isn't broken at least. Hate to see him send the pistol back to SIG, given the dead sights, etc. earlier.

posted Hide Post
Once you lock the slide back and turn the takedown lever - when you release the slide it will come off. Yes, it can slightly hang up when back to the point it looks like it is in battery/normal. At that point, yes you can pull the trigger as it is now lined back up, and then complete removing the slide. You do not have to pull the trigger, though - It just takes a little more oomph to get it off the front, especially when new. It takes some getting used to.

The recoil spring assembly can get hung up in odd positions when reassembling, as well, if not inserted/lined up properly, at least with a couple I own.

Posts: 166 | Registered: September 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the M18. I, too, like safeties on my two striker fired guns and single action autos.

The trigger pull is smooth and not heavy. I just didn't like the mushy reset so I managed to replace that.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19574 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
At least on my P320 compact from a few years ago the recoil spring has a stop piece on the back side that has to sit a certain way.. it is not round but kind of oblong and it has to go with the longer part up and down, I think..

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post