SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Shadow Systems Poet Warrior
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shadow Systems Poet Warrior Login/Join 
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
And now they have the Foundation Series for $679 ($10 cheaper than the MOS Glock) with better ergos, a superior optics cut, metal sights, and a better trigger.

https://shadowsystemscorp.com/foundation/

Posts: 4160 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I guess it's spending time again. Going out to look at a couple of desk things as mine is kinda beat and then YIPEE, back to my FFL to look at their holosuns and other sights for the CR920. My MR came with the Holosun 507C (I think) in green and I was thinking maybe red might be better (i. e. quicker) for self defense. Not too sure about that.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
And now they have the Foundation Series for $679 ($10 cheaper than the MOS Glock) with better ergos, a superior optics cut, metal sights, and a better trigger.

https://shadowsystemscorp.com/foundation/

Oh yeah, I forgot about the trigger. And in my defense I had no idea these were even in the wind. Thankfully for my sanity they aren't the models that I own (I have two, the D920P (the G34 analog) and tha aforementioned G17/19 MR920L).

straightshooter1, what's the name of the guy in Texas? Dane isn't doing work any more that I can see and I have a G20 I just got that I would love to have worked on.

Oh, and I personally love the green holos. Way faster for me than red.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1955 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
straightshooter1, what's the name of the guy in Texas? Dane isn't doing work any more that I can see and I have a G20 I just got that I would love to have worked on.

Are you guys talking about Cold Bore Solutions outside of Houston. He and his wife are both officers, and lovely folks. He stippled, did a grip reduction, and shortened my G17L to a a G19 grip length. Great work.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I just don't remember, but his user name here was something like TexPof (a take off on Texas police officer). Someone here will know who he is.

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I don't understand the appeal of these gaudy copies of Glocks. The companies producing them are doing so for profit, of course, but the consumer end of it- why?

One thing I will say is that there are agencies that will not bless off on modified firearms but if it's factory, they are fine with it. For those folks some of the Gucci Glocks and the like, let them have a factory gun with the mods they want, built in.

There is also the crowd that wants a non-modified gun for self-defense to have one less thing to worry about in court. I won't get into that argument but again this gives them a modded non-mod gun.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YES! Lane Owens of Cold Bore Solutions in Houston is the guy who did a great job on my guns.

posted Hide Post
That’s the man.
Wonderful work, wonderful couple.
Send work with confidence.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This post is pushing me relentlessly to pick up a CR920.
But I’d like to actually handle one, and see what the G43x width grip is like in a G43 length grip.
I am going to try to go to the Chantilly / Nations Gun Show on 11/17 — it’s a horrible drive from Baltimore, but so much fun once you get there.
For people who know the Chantilly show, what dealer do you think might be likely to have Shadow Systems products?
Thanks as always.

Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
That’s the man.

Is it these folks? Cold Bore Customs

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1955 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
quote:
That’s the man.

Is it these folks? Cold Bore Customs

Yes, sir, these are the folks.
He and his wife are officers and very very nice. Also superb work, widely recognized. They have full time jobs, so it took a while, but well worth the wait.
They did my work right after Hurricane Harvey so devastated the area.

Picture of UCPOPO
posted Hide Post
I own about a dozen different Shadow Systems. I love them personally. I have a few of the CR920’s and they are compatible with most Glock 43x parts (except trigger and slide release) and holsters I have. I carry an XR920 on duty daily. I can’t say enough good things about them

Posts: 655 | Location: OKLAHOMA | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
But I’d like to actually handle one, and see what the G43x width grip is like in a G43 length grip.
I am going to try to go to the Chantilly / Nations Gun Show on 11/17 — it’s a horrible drive from Baltimore, but so much fun once you get there.
For people who know the Chantilly show, what dealer do you think might be likely to have Shadow Systems products?
Thanks as always.

Well, I finally got to handle a CR920.
I REALLY like the idea of it, because it is exactly a G43 footprint and weight but with G43X/G48 width grip and mag well. I am not as interested in more capacity - I like the wider grip (despite having small hands) for greater shootability, and to have the option to use G43X/G48 mags. I was worried the greater width in a short G43 length grip would make it feel chunky (which the G26 feels like to me).
Well, it wasn’t chunky at all. It was perfect. The same short but slightly wider grip felt perfect. And the notion of having the option for a standard flush mag or an extended magazine for more vertical real estate — similar to being able to use 12 rounders in a 365 (essentially giving you a 365x, or 365 xl if you also bought a separate 3.7” upper), was exactly what I have long been hoping Glock would do with the G43 (ie create a G43X Short - probably only seven rounds but able to accept OEM 10 rounders). Again, it’s about the very slightly wider grip, not capacity for me.
Feel in the hand was excellent, not at all boxy or stumpy (or heavier) like the G26. Despite the gaudy slide, I was ready to jump.
But then I dryfired it. While people say good things about the MR920 trigger, the CR920 felt like a twanging spring. Maybe it would work out well, and maybe hold up well, but it felt kind of cheap, and not the trigger pull I wanted. I came away wishing for the hard wall of a G43/43x/48.
Disappointed.
Glock - please make a G43XS. It would be very easy and would fit well with the 43x and 48.

Picture of UCPOPO
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Thanks as always.

Well, I finally got to handle a CR920.
I REALLY like the idea of it, because it is exactly a G43 footprint and weight but with G43X/G48 width grip and mag well. I am not as interested in more capacity - I like the wider grip (despite having small hands) for greater shootability, and to have the option to use G43X/G48 mags. I was worried the greater width in a short G43 length grip would make it feel chunky (which the G26 feels like to me).
Well, it wasn’t chunky at all. It was perfect. The same short but slightly wider grip felt perfect. And the notion of having the option for a standard flush mag or an extended magazine for more vertical real estate — similar to being able to use 12 rounders in a 365 (essentially giving you a 365x, or 365 xl if you also bought a separate 3.7” upper), was exactly what I have long been hoping Glock would do with the G43 (ie create a G43X Short - probably only seven rounds but able to accept OEM 10 rounders). Again, it’s about the very slightly wider grip, not capacity for me.
Feel in the hand was excellent, not at all boxy or stumpy (or heavier) like the G26. Despite the gaudy slide, I was ready to jump.
But then I dryfired it. While people say good things about the MR920 trigger, the CR920 felt like a twanging spring. Maybe it would work out well, and maybe hold up well, but it felt kind of cheap, and not the trigger pull I wanted. I came away wishing for the hard wall of a G43/43x/48.
Disappointed.
Glock - please make a G43XS. It would be very easy and would fit well with the 43x and 48.

Shadow systems triggers are hit or miss. About half of mine have really good triggers and the others suck. I changed some of mine out for an Apex trigger and they feel great in the CR920. I prefer them to my Glock 43x, 48 or my P365’s.

Posts: 655 | Location: OKLAHOMA | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
I purchased the MR920 Foundation Black Friday $599.

Advantages I see over Glock 19
  • Lighter for CCW
  • Fits my hand and points better (3 Backstrap options)
  • 1/3 co-witness optics mount with long screws, very solid mount.
  • Grip texture and Beaver Tail
  • Accuracy seems to be very good.

Disadvantages
  • Ammo finicky
  • Cost

Does not reliably feed Remington 9mm Range Bucket, Sellier & Bellot 9mm 115 Gr. or Winchester 9mm 115 Gr. FMJ white box ammo.

Functions flawlessly with Browning 124 Gr. 9mm FMJ.
Browning 9mm ammo overall length is a bit longer than the Remington, S&B, and Winchester ammo mentioned.

Browning 9mm is close to +P load.

Have shot 350 rounds of the Remington, 200 rounds of S&B, 200 rounds of Winchester, & 150 rounds of the Browning so I don't believe it is a break-in issue.

I think it likes the longer overall length of the Browning ammo although it could be the stronger powder charge.

So far I am inclined to like the gun, but need to better determine which ammo will feed reliably.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not throwing shade on your assessment but there are a lot of guns that don't do well with 115 grn. I've been quite happy with 124 and up.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
I believe my issue is low power ammunition.

Perhaps the solution is to use the standard weight 18 lbs recoil spring for higher power ammo and 15 lbs spring for lower power ammo.

Shadow Systems has a good YouTube channel presenting various subjects “Technical Tuesday”.
In this one they seem to describe the issue I am having.

Mounting optic.
Note, screws have a different thread pitch than those that may come with your optic.
Use the screws that come with the gun.

Good info, but don’t squeeze the Loctite tube to apply threadlocker.
You are likely to squeeze out more than you like.
Use a toothpick to apply threadlocker to gap under screw head.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimber1911,

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
I saw my name mentioned in here, am I in trouble again. Smile

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post