SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M&P Performance Center or Apex trigger
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M&P Performance Center or Apex trigger Login/Join 
Picture of Ironmike57
posted
I just purchased a new M&P 5" Performance Center gun with the slide and barrel cuts. I "like" the trigger out of the box, but it is not what what I was expecting. Way too much takeup.

Has anyone with a 2.0(before the flat trigger) installed the Flat-Faced Forward Set Trigger Kit?
Was it a major improvement? Worth the expense?
I am considering such a move. Fun gun only, not to be carried.
Thank you.

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Apex knocks it out of the park, imo. I’ve had several M&P’s including 2.0’s with their triggers. Night and day difference.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6994 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went with the apex trigger. Nothing wrong with the factory one, but the apex kit allows you a full range of trigger pulls, isn't hard to install with a bit of patience, and comes up with a trigger that makes the PPQ seem rough.

I installed the apex kit in a M&P 2.0, and my wife claimed it. I haven't seen it since. (I think she also liked the grip that stuck to the hand, like velcro).

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the Apex trigger takes it to an other level, in my opinion is well worth the investment.

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the 2.0 compact, not a performance center gun. I thought the trigger was good, especially for a home defense/range gun. I considered take up my friend I want room before I hit the wall, after the first shot take up doesn't matter reset takes over for all the other shots. I think Apex is the right choice for anyone that wants a really good trigger for competition but for the rest of shooting I think it's overkill.IMO

Posts: 113 | Registered: December 01, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Apex.

There is no such thing as “overkill” when it comes to trigger control.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37078 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post