SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Charles Daly Field Grade 1911A1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charles Daly Field Grade 1911A1 Login/Join 
posted
Seems like a decent target/plinker gun at that price range, although I was unaware that the Italians made 1911's. Anyone have any experience with these?

https://americanhandgunner.com...ield-g-i-grade-1911/

Posts: 204 | Registered: July 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Oh, wow - I was unaware that the Charles Daly brand was still around. I had a Daly 1911 quite a few years back (actually I think right at 20 years ago) and it was not a bad handgun at all. I was heavily into selling / trading toward other things at the time, and that one made way for something else eventually.

Thanks for the heads-up that they’re back, was just Googling their more recent history. It will be interesting to see how their latest 1911 performs.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dawes:
Anyone have any experience with these?

Don't know if this fully counts but I have a Charles Daly 1911A1 Field EFS (ARMSCOR Philippines manufacture). The 2021 GI model you're asking about is made by Brixia in Italy.

Mine is a 2006 model I bought new back then. I changed out the factory stuff for a Greider-Videcki short match trigger, Fusion slide release, and Fusion guide rod/plug. The pistol also handles .400 Cor-Bon with a Storm Lake barrel.

For what it cost back then (~$400) I've been very very pleased. And yes, I have other 1911s including those from Dan Wesson and Colt.

From the factory

As I have it these days with super curly makore grips.

Here breaking it in back in Oct '06. Was determining functional reliability vice accuracy. It passed with flying colors.
Was also trying out Simonich Gunner Grips.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I bought a stainless finish target model back in 2003. The controls were a little crunchy put in performed flawlessly. Shot tight groups too.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post