SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Smith & Wesson revolvers--What does "no dash" mean?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smith & Wesson revolvers--What does "no dash" mean? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I’ve seen no lock 66’s go for 1100+ Here in CA. Desirable configured no lock Smith’s can easily go over 1k. They arent making em anymore and they are painfully difficult to get into the state legally.

Posts: 4765 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
I’ve seen no lock 66’s go for 1100+ Here in CA. Desirable configured no lock Smith’s can easily go over 1k. They arent making em anymore and they are painfully difficult to get into the state legally.

I've got a 1990s S&W Performance Center "F comp" M66 that I would love to send to CA.

Posts: 270 | Location: Iowa | Registered: April 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Benderx4
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've got a 1990s S&W Performance Center "F comp" M66 that I would love to send to CA.

I've got one of these as well - any idea what it's value is outside of Cali? I've got original case, paperwork, everything.

Posts: 490 | Location: NE FL, JAX | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rigby470:
I will occasionally see Smith & Wesson revolver models listed as "no dash" but I have no idea what that means. Can someone explain it to me?

Additional note: I have someone offering me a model 66 "no dash" for $650. Is that a fair price?
I was told by an old Smith and Wesson armorer "each dash represents a slight decrease in quality"

Posts: 19 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Benderx4:
quote:

I've got one of these as well - any idea what it's value is outside of Cali? I've got original case, paperwork, everything.

Prices vary from $850-1200..

Posts: 270 | Location: Iowa | Registered: April 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Model 66s are among the most desired shooters from SW (as oppesed to guns with more collector appeal), and $650 is in the right range. But the specific model and features can make a difference. Try pricing a 3" - that will be expensive. A later model 4" is probably the most common.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post