SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Why are no new SIG P239 9mm magazines or even base plates being produced?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why are no new SIG P239 9mm magazines or even base plates being produced? Login/Join 
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted
I understand why SIG discontinued the P239, lack of sales. I also get that MecGar which produced P239 mags and currently produces P225A1 mags for SIG can’t sell P239 magazines under the MecGar name because of a contract with SIG.

What I don’t understand is SIG sells P225A1 magazines and I can readily find them several different places. The only difference between a P239 9mm magazine and a P225A1 magazine is the different floor plate. Since they are already ordering P225A1 mags why can’t they order P239 9mm mags or at least the $5 base plates so we could just buy a P225A1 mag and switch the floor plate? I can’t even find the floor plates in stock anywhere and apparently some places were gouging and selling the $5 part for $16 when they were actually in stock.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3093 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
Try midwest gun works. I was wanting .40 P239 mags and clicked on "notify me when in stock" and was notified a couple of weeks later they were in stock.
I was able to order as many as I wanted.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4140 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
I checked Midwest Gunworks and they were out of stock for 9mm mags but had .40 magazines. The .40 P239 magazines are a lot easier to find it seems.

Posts: 3093 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The consensus on P239 mags seems to be that they are still being made, but in batches. This probably explains why we see long stretches of no one having any in stock and then all of sudden everyone has them (the boat came in). You need to sign up for email notification because you’re not the only one looking for these and when they show up they can sell out pretty quick.

Posts: 234 | Location: Bucks County, PA | Registered: December 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is the .40 bottom plate the same as the 9mm on a 239? I put +1 bottoms on all my 40 and 357 mags, saved the old ones.

Posts: 1644 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
True. I signed up through Proven Arms and Outfitters for 10 239 9mm mags. They were shipped to me in two batches after a few weeks wait. They are still being produced but Tusk’s advice is on target.

quote:
Originally posted by Tusk:
The consensus on P239 mags seems to be that they are still being made, but in batches. This probably explains why we see long stretches of no one having any in stock and then all of sudden everyone has them (the boat came in). You need to sign up for email notification because you’re not the only one looking for these and when they show up they can sell out pretty quick.

Dum Spiro Pugno

Posts: 174 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
Great to know! I signed up to be notified on several websites. I’ve had a .40 and two 9mm P239 over the years but foolishly got rid of them. Currently, looking at a lightly used 9mm P239. Didn’t get a serial number so I’m not sure when it was made. The top of the barrel is polished like SIG used to do and the trigger is the hollow back MIM.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dcowboyscr,

Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tusk:

This.

I keep trying to get the girlfriend on board the P239 train and saw a number of retailers with 9mm P239 mags in stock about two weeks ago.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back in January I ordered some direct from Sig. They where back ordered, but I got them in about a month. Price was $35.10 each shipped. In march they where still tacking back orders. You might try calling Sig customer service.

Posts: 1220 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post