SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Osage has M17 & M18 available for the "Armed Professionals"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Osage has M17 & M18 available for the "Armed Professionals" Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted

Posts: 26424 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Professional" at what? Being armed, of course. Or is it being professional at "milking the marketplace"?

These aren't contract pverrun guns like the ones that were released by SIG previously. It's THOSE guns that drove the market bonkers, with examples changing hands for stupid money ($2k is not unusual, apparently). These on the other hand and according to the Osage blurb, sound like SIG trying to essentially cash in further with clones on the feeding frenzy that the overrun M17 and M18 caused.

I remember we had a few of these Army "99ishpercenters" a year or so ago in from SIG. Didn't come in the plain cardboard pseudo-Army box though, like these new ones do apparently. Just the regular gray plastic case. And SIG puzzlingly is still pricing the M18 more, I see.

-MG

Posts: 2001 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
interesting that the longer barrel is less expensive. I guess less demand for that model.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19678 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
So Glock Blue Label basically...

Posts: 4198 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would be nice if Sig did offer these to U.S. veterans like Glock does with their program.

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
So Glock Blue Label basically...

No. Sig already has that program.

This isn’t an offer to buy the civilian M17/18 for less. This is typical Sig selling yet another variant of a gun. Yeah you can go buy a Sig M17, but see this is a super duper M17. This one is the real deal, I mean not the real real deal that they sold a few years ago, this is a different real deal. Maybe not the realist deal, but a realer deal than the civilian M17 which is actually just a P320 with a different name.

I really like my Sig guns, including my fake M17 that isn’t really an M17, but I hate the company Sig.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I suspect that there has been an iterative change to the military slides and this is Sig selling all of the undelivered ones. The slides are marked "M17" and "M18" and have Sig's cage code.

These would be a good buy for somebody that wants the new Romeo M17 optic.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
Definitely NOT to be used by armed "amateurs." Big Grin

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got one thanks

Posts: 1746 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It arrived. The cardboard box is nice. The pistol and mags are sealed in blue plastic still. Gonna stay that way for now. Thanks again for the lead!

Posts: 1746 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post