SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Magtech 124 gr 9mm ammo
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Magtech 124 gr 9mm ammo Login/Join 
posted
Do you consider this quality ammo? I need to buy a couple cases of 124 grain 9mm to just save. This is one of the lower priced 124 grain but if it's bottom of the barrel quality I'll pay a little more for better.

A shot not taken is a shot missed

Posts: 407 | Registered: April 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I've worked through a couple of cases of it over the past year at work. It's not my first choice, but I can't say that we've had any significant quality issues with it, either. If it's going to save you a good chuck of change over other options, I'd be just fine buying it.

Posts: 8377 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
I haven’t shot that loading in years (only found in gun shows locally) but it was never bottom tier quality. A Pretty decent and reliable loading if memory serves.

Posts: 3122 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I’ve shot a couple thousand rounds of it and have no complaints. I’ve shot a ton of Magtech .38 special and like it too.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
I've shot a bunch of Magtech and had no issues. Just general target shooting/practice, so I can't speak to it's precision, but was always reliable and relatively clean.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
I've shot several cases of it with no issue.

Posts: 1215 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shot it a lot. Same parent as S&B. No issues.

Posts: 5141 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love Magtech ammo. Have shot a bunch of 115g and 124g. CZ, Sig, Beretta all eat it up.

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prefer S&B for usually the same price, but never had an issue with Magtech.

Posts: 1620 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I’ve not shot any 9MM. But I have been through a couple cases of 45acp and 357 magnum. No issues with either of those calibers.

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Magtech makes great stuff. It’s good to go stuff.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7620 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I've shot a lot Magtech 124 gr 9mm and never ran into problems.

Q

Posts: 26179 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last 4-5 years I've shot plenty of Magtech 124 GR 9mm, no problems. Shot their 380ACP too, I like it fine.

Posts: 913 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've shot a bunch of Magtech, always went "bang" for me, and pretty much made a hole where I was pointing the pistol.

It's quality ammo. Not Black Hills quality, and on the other side, not as dirty as Winchester white box.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8313 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also never had a problem. I still have some left but not much.

Posts: 6836 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like everyone has positive experiences with it. Great. I'm going to get it next paycheck. Thanks for your input!

A shot not taken is a shot missed

Posts: 407 | Registered: April 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SG Ammo has it for $369/1000 rd case and ships free.

Posts: 913 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer Magtech 9mm to CCI Blaser and Winchester white box.

Posts: 270 | Location: Iowa | Registered: April 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great stuff , never a problem !

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 94hokie:
Prefer S&B for usually the same price, but never had an issue with Magtech.

Same experience here. I find S&B to be a little more accurate, but both brands are good quality.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post