SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Magtech 124 gr 9mm ammo
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Magtech 124 gr 9mm ammo Login/Join 
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Magtech is good stuff Maynard!!

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've used Magtech for my .380 and found it to be a very well made, dependable round. I will buy it again if I run across it.

Posts: 124 | Location: Oro Valley, Arizona | Registered: January 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
Brother used to buy the Magtech 9mm ball round by the case. Not my first choice of ammo but always went bang when I used it.

Posts: 823 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
Magtech was, and is when it can be found in quantity, one of my go-to bulk ammo/practice rounds.

In a pinch (Zombies, Aliens etc) it can be used for self defense, but that's true of any mid level quality round.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I just ordered some of this Magtech based on recommendations in this thread. Shaw Armament Systems in GA has it for $14.99 per 50-rnd box. I don't believe they charge tax outside of GA. Shipping is $14.95 flat-rate, but if your order total is $1K (dollars not rounds) or greater, then shipping is free.

https://www.shawarms.com/produ...-sas_mag9124fmj-5176

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Back when I was loading up on ammo - Magtech was considered a decent quality ammunition.
I personally never bought any as it was generally overpriced, IMO.
I would shoot it though.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
I just ordered some of this Magtech based on recommendations in this thread. Shaw Armament Systems in GA has it for $14.99 per 50-rnd box. I don't believe they charge tax outside of GA. Shipping is $14.95 flat-rate, but if your order total is $1K (dollars not rounds) or greater, then shipping is free.

Have you had dealings with these folks before ? Let us know how the transaction evolves, please.

https://www.shawarms.com/produ...-sas_mag9124fmj-5176

Posts: 932 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Genorogers:
Have you had dealings with these folks before ? Let us know how the transaction evolves, please.

My first time ordering from them. When I looked for reviews on them, most of what I found was positive.

I placed my order this morning. A couple hours later they sent me email that my order was ready to ship and included UPS tracking#. UPS shows my package has shipped out and is en route, so everything looks in order.

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

My first time ordering from them. When I looked for reviews on them, most of what I found was positive.

I placed my order this morning. A couple hours later they sent me email that my order was ready to ship and included UPS tracking#. UPS shows my package has shipped out and is en route, so everything looks in order.

That's good to hear Chef. The prices are as good as I've seen lately. Thanks

Posts: 932 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have shot a case plus of 9mm and most of a case of 10mm JHP Magtech. I have never had any issues with it as a range ammo.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The one malfunction I've had with a P99 has been on a 147gr round of MagTech that had no powder in it. It was enough to push the bullet into the rifling, but not enough to push it completely out of the casing. It completely locked up the pistol.

That being said, as far as range ammunition, it wouldn't concern me much to use this ammunition again in the future as I've used a lot in the past and only ever had one issue with it.

Posts: 10 | Registered: August 13, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:

FYI update:
I placed my order Wed morning. It shipped from GA to TX and arrived yesterday. Everything looks good, and packing was very good as well. No complaints w/ my Shaw Arms transaction.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

FYI update:
I placed my order Wed morning. It shipped from GA to TX and arrived yesterday. Everything looks good, and packing was very good as well. No complaints w/ my Shaw Arms transaction.

That's great Chef. I like some of their prices and good to know they're legit, thanks for the feedback.

186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Thanks gents. Ordered a case. Nice that they don't charge sales tax and shipping is reasonable.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just ordered the Magtech 9mm and some .380, I don't know how they get away with not charging sales tax but not complaining.