SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Please help me decide what my next .22 pistol should be.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please help me decide what my next .22 pistol should be. Login/Join 
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Get the S&W 422 or 622. They will get harder and harder to get. The ones I have are like Singer sewing machines. 1911 grip angle. Great suppressor host.

https://youtu.be/Liym-LlBpCw

Posts: 1351 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Browning buckmark. I've had a s/s standard stainless steel since they first came out, put a truglo front site on it which was easy peasy to change and it's been a great shooter with lots of rounds through it.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. I like the Rugers and buckmarks. I had a Ruger mark II with about 30 mags. Wish I still
Did. I just fought too hard getting it back together after disassembly.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beretta 87s are nice, but rare and pricey. Take it from a poor man: the Bersa Thunder .22 is the poor man's Beretta 87. Feed 'em CCI Mini-Mags or Federal Auto-Match and they'll run fine.

Buck Marks are great pistols, but might be a tad on the large/heavy side for some kids. I like the Ruger Mark pistols with the shorter tapered barrel for "kid stuff."

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just fought too hard getting it back together after disassembly.

you will then of course be in love with the latest rugers. Its now a non issue.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two pages and no one has mentioned the M&P full size or Compact .22. Light weight easy to shoot and not very expensive.

Bill

Posts: 137 | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
Ruger MKIV with the button takedown and a nice red dot.

Semper Fi

Posts: 3240 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Soaring Hawk
posted Hide Post
Standard Ruger MK II

Posts: 1180 | Registered: March 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I looked at a Victory but it was too heavy for my girls. I liked it, though.

I’ve always wanted a Beretta 70! They seem hard to find, too.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My daughter cj has had a victory since they came out. She is 16 now

This is a year ago

https://youtu.be/srS2JULo7zA

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...970038044#6970038044

Ruger MKIV Lite with red dot.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
I looked at a Victory but it was too heavy for my girls. I liked it, though.

I’ve always wanted a Beretta 70! They seem hard to find, too.

Harder every day. Wink

I like the one that aren't made anymore. If the price is right. The 70s is so cute Wink. I've heard okay comments for the Ruger SR22.

Posts: 3519 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruger 22/45. Enjoy until it's cleaning time, then curse like you never have before.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3533 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like my m&p22 and Ruger sr22, but they are very similar to the p22 so I’m assuming you want something a little more refined and different... I would do 22/45, but victory is good option too.

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eclayton
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yanici:
A nice S&W 18-4 or older revolver. 4" of sheer beauty and a great shooter.

My thoughts exactly. Any K-22 is a thing of beauty and the 4” Model 18 is also my favorite. No other handgun I’ve owned is such a joy to handle and shoot.

Posts: 312 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: October 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 on the beretta 87. To me one of the finest made combat 22s and shoots any ammo without fail. If you want a classic and willing to pay $800, this is it.

Browning buckmark with a red dot is also well made and extremely reliable. You can shoot 50-75 yards with a red dot off a rest pretty accurately

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Benner, I wish to take a 2nd swing at this as all the better knowns have been posted. Years back I bought 2 new .22 autos as they came in the market about the same time. One was S&W stainless .22 which was a turd needing to be flushed. Simple lead spatter would shut the gun down. Then there was my Colt .22 stainless which some call Cadet. It shot very accurate, never a feed or eject issue with all ammo, quality sights with the built in option for adding dot sight or scope. The trigger is quite nice leaning to target quality. Its grip area is rugged polymer and the magazines are high quality. You go look at the 4" and 6" models on GunBroker. The prices are good and that grip profile would be very nice for young folks to handle. Come back and tell us what you think sir.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Ruger 22/45.

Just read the book when you clean it. It ain’t that hard. Do it a few times and it’s no problem to get it back together

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Smith and Wesson 22 Victory. Will split the hair on a gnats ass at 15 yards and bullseye at 25 yards all day. Not partial to brand of ammo, but im heavy into CCI Mini Mags and Winchester M22. This one is sporting a Burris Fastfire III, and Tandemkross Halo, trigger and extended mag release.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Really impressed with the M and P 22 compact. Mine is 100% reliable and is very accurate. Plus they can be had for $249 right now at palmetto state armory.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post