SIGforum
P226 acquitted itself well in 3-gun yesterday

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/1080071324

April 23, 2017, 11:53 AM
1KPerDay
P226 acquitted itself well in 3-gun yesterday
I shot a local multigun match yesterday using my SCAR-16S with aimpoint H1, Geissele trigger and PWS rail extension, along with my trusty SIG P226 and recently modded Remington 1100. I shot pretty well all day, particularly by my standards. I'm usually good with shotgun and handgun but iffy with rifle. P226 with 20-round Mec-Gar mags allowed quick and accurate hits on plate racks and falling poppers. I was able to flip the 80-yard spinner and clean plate racks quickly with the SCAR as well as hitting the long steel flashers out to 375 yards, which surprised me. I won two of five stages in limited division but placed second by one point. I induced a jam with my thumb against the charging handle and then a double feed resulted, because I was prone and didn't clear it properly. I was able to clear it pretty quick but it cost me the win, along with a couple jams from the shotgun. FWIW my shotgun was more reliable than the Benellis in my squad.

No pics or video this time as i as I was too busy having fun.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.
April 23, 2017, 12:40 PM
TheFrontRange
Sounds like a great time!

I took a 3-Gun "clinic" a while back and that alone was a blast. Just haven't taken the full plunge yet.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza
April 23, 2017, 06:52 PM
JonFrost
Awesome! I've been shooting primarily my hk's in uspsa but just cleaned and got all my 226's and my 229 ready to run for a while. Every time I shoot them I remember why I love them so much!

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

April 23, 2017, 08:29 PM
CLEANDEAN
Congrats, I have always had faith in my 1100...too.

Never judge a man, till you have walked a mile in his shoes.....
That way, you'll be a mile away from him; and you'll have his shoes.
April 23, 2017, 09:11 PM
1KPerDay
I never have had any jams hunting or at the range, even when I was running it fast getting set up with the long tube, etc. I guess I probably soft-shouldered it under pressure, or I guess it could be dirty/dusty. It was windy.

Another guy in my squad was running an 1100 with an X rail in open division... ran like a top all day. Surprising to see that in Open.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.
April 23, 2017, 09:15 PM
was0311
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
Surprising to see that in Open.

LOL.