Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 ZEV Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I really want a P226 single action only, preferably in 357 Sig and a legion... so yesterday, once again I go on Gunbroker and punch in Sig Sauer P226 SAO... now just about all you get offered is this damn thing.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know this has been asked before, maybe even by me. Why does everyone hate the long extractor? I have a long and a short and I wouldn’t know the difference by look or feel.

I also hate SAO’s with some exceptions. I hate this an an SAO. Plus the ZEV stuff doesn’t look like they thought it out at all. It looks like they went through their parts bin and cobbled together whatever they had. Even the slide isn’t a particularly nice cut slide. It’s meh at best.

I’m not sure why this would sell. I’d rather have five and a half Sig 322’s. Lol

Posts: 7524 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Why does everyone hate the long extractor?

This thread is all about esthetics and esthetics are not rational. We like what we like. I hate the looks of Sig's long extractor. I'm not consistent. I don't mind it at all on my S&W 1911s.

Year V

Posts: 2632 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
$2.200!

Yikes!

I got a 9mm P220 X-Six for less. Was that the price for a pair?

$2019 sorry

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25428 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It does do one thing a standard 226 does not do-it makes the buyer feel superior. My guess is they will sell, not briskly, but they will sell. Put it next to the standard Sigs in the case. It'll soften the blow of the price tag on the standard.

Posts: 17146 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
$2.200!

Yikes!

I got a 9mm P220 X-Six for less. Was that the price for a pair?

$2019 sorry

Oh! Then, it seems like a reasonable price.

I don't completely hate it, but I don't like it either. If it was under $1,300 I'd consider buying one.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20828 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hm...I guess I don't absolutely hate the look of the thing; I think its slide at least beats SIG's own over-CNC'd "custom" Pro-cut creations though admittedly that bar is set pretty low. Despite their excellent aftermarket Glock triggers ZEV's own pistol builds in general have never struck a particularly positive chord with me. Their Gucci Glock renditions are often ridiculously over the top and stupidly overpriced.

-MG

Posts: 1994 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I don't completely hate it, but I don't like it either. If it was under $1,300 I'd consider buying one.

Sadly, you can’t get the Legion 226 w/Optic for that price anymore.

Posts: 4182 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has the Zev offering had any trigger work or is just cosmetics?

Posts: 38 | Registered: February 17, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Walther Dude:
Has the Zev offering had any trigger work or is just cosmetics?

Cosmetics if I had to hazard a guess.

The wording is always as such to be unclear, but like the GGI triggers on the Legion, no actual trigger work was performed. It was just the physical trigger itself. Now, it’s a MIM knock off and not a real deal GGI trigger.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm holding out for flames on the sides.

Posts: 1925 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
I'm holding out for flames on the sides.

You know custom cars are cool. Custom guns can be cool too. Depends what you like.

Personally I like the Sig/ZEV P320 stuff. It's not too overdone and the slides have real RMR cuts and not R1P cuts that need adapters for RMR's. Killer Innovations looks good to, might try them next.

But the ZEV P226 looks like too much of a hodge podge.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
That thing is uglier than an abortion done with a grapefruit spoon. The good folks at Sig need to quit looking for inspiration from comic books then designing guns so 10 year-olds can dream of using them to fight giant robot/alien hybrids in the streets of Gotham City.

Honestly, when I first saw this I was embarrassed for Sig. I thought "So when is the Equinox TACOPS Romeo Zero X-5000 ProCut Elite AXG Legion Trans Am Classic "We The People" coming out, in their hot new proprietary round, the scorching .221 Sig Even Furiouser, complete with challenge coin, case and magic decoder ring..."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TexasRaider,

Posts: 807 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasRaider:
"So when is the Equinox TACOPS Romeo Zero X-5000 ProCut Elite AXG Legion Trans Am Classic "We The People" coming out..."

Right after the Super Hydra Instagram Teflon Thunder Yellow Grippy Ultra Nugget. You can have it in any caliber you want, as long as it is a 9mm. Wink

Posts: 9159 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Needs snakes or skulls engraved on it.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
They are designing to market this to south-fo-the-boarder drug cartel members as soon as th eORO version comes out.

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
This thing ranks right up there with the rainbow titanium finish, the diamond plate slides, the tribal edition, and molon labe crap that Sig used to put out.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
This is NOT a tuxedo gun. Just wanted to make sure no one would wonder.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post