SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Giving the M&P 10mm one last chance... It still jams! Update at top
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Giving the M&P 10mm one last chance... It still jams! Update at top Login/Join 
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
I remember I went through a similar trial with one of the first DW C-Bobs in 10mm. I really, really loved the gun, but couldn't get it to run consistently. Same issue, jams.

Finally I sold it with complete disclosure after sending it back to Dan Wesson at least two, perhaps three times.

I waited many years and bought one used which ran like a top. It was a later manufacture and being used had a good track record. Never had an issue with it. It just took them some time to get the commander size to run 10mm reliably.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks here but it may trigger a good response from one of our members.

Feed issues like this are typically due to the following factors.

1) Extractor tension is either too high or too low. IMO too much tension tends to cause issues with a magazine that is empty or nearly empty.

2) Extractor shape. Specifically sharp corners that can snag on a case. In this case a bit of work with a felt polishing wheel can works wonders. All you need is a tiny little radius on an edge that was once knife sharp.

3) Magazine lips. This particular area has been causing feed issues since the box magazine was first used in a handgun. During the period when the 1911 was developed (1900 to 1911) there were multiple revisions to the magazine due to feed lips bending under use or drops. Lots of changes to the type of steel, the heat treat of the steel, and the thickness of the steel used. If you can locate magazines from a different supplier it may be worth trying one out.

4) Magazine Followers. Yeah, those can also cause issues with miss feeds. It's another reason to shop alternate magazine suppliers if you have feed issues.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post