SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    First SIG-Sauer - P210 Carry
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First SIG-Sauer - P210 Carry Login/Join 
posted
Greetings all, I am new to the forum.
I obtained my first SIG Sauer, a P210 Carry model yesterday. I was in the market for my first 9mm pistol. This was not to be my first pistol. I own a Browning Buck Mark 22 for target shooting. My primary goal is casual target shooting and home defense. The model did not need to qualify as a concealed carry pistol. Had read up on models/reviews and was convinced that I wanted a Glock. Not sure which Glock model but the G48 or G43, maybe a G45. I arrived at the local gun shop and the vendor presented me with the 3 mentioned Glock models. Well, they all felt terrible in my hands. Not comfortable at all. He then brought out a CZ-75, a SIG P365 and the P210 Carry. The P365 was too small and the CZ-75 did not grab me, but the P210 Carry felt fantastic. Performed a quick net search, and the reviews looked good, if you did not mind the small ammo capacity. I fired a few rounds thru the P210 Carry and decided this is the one. Brought it home that day.
While researching further on the model, I found out that SIG has ceased production of the P210 Carry. Appears as if the unit was in production for about 18 months. Did I make a mistake? Concerned that parts may be a problem later on down the road. Opinions welcome.
regards,
NullSet

Posts: 2 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: January 21, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The P210 Carry is still on their website. The P210 Standard is the one that's been discontinued.

Q

Posts: 26409 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yup. Ya done good. I hope to have a P210 someday...

Welcome to the forum!

Posts: 9157 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
210 Carry is on my wish list too. But... I think Sig should not have priced it so high, given its format. If I find one for $700 or so, I will try for it.
Welcome aboard.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16098 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Got to charge extra for that "P210" badge.

Q

Posts: 26409 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a nice start for your 1st sig.

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amc:

It sure is, Nullset. There's the original Carry and now one with some engraving and rosewood grips, what version did you buy?
I have a fondness for P210's myself but I'm curious what you didn't like about the CZ75 because that's another of my favorites? Welcome to the forum.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7099 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
I picked up a Gen 1 in November as a CPO at Sig Saturday. It wasn't a planned purchase but it just felt so good in the hand. I've found it to better one of the best right out of the box Sigs I have owned.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2387 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The full size is the best shooting pistol I own. I want a carry, but not sure I can commit to the single stack for practical use.*

*I'm also a hypocrite, because I sometimes carry a P225, P3AT, and Seecamp. To be fair, though, each of those were much cheaper than the P210.

Posts: 447 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
quote:
Originally posted by amc:

It sure is, Nullset. There's the original Carry and now one with some engraving and rosewood grips, what version did you buy?
I have a fondness for P210's myself but I'm curious what you didn't like about the CZ75 because that's another of my favorites? Welcome to the forum.

I purchased the original Carry. Oh nothing bad about the CZ75. The P210 just felt more comfortable in my hands.

Posts: 2 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: January 21, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
as a first 9mm going from 22 LR I'd say a P210 Carry is fine choice and I bet it will withstand any use and round amounts you put through it.

Why not check SIG website/last look around the web/etc to get a few extra parts now for it, maybe one extra barrel.

I doubt you could ever shoot so much 9mm through one to need major parts changes.

I bet springs and such are available for now, get some.

buy a bunch of cheap 9mm and test that thing out.

Sigforum section that helps for that Billy Bobs Bang BAng Boutique, and I'd recommend Ammoseek.com and wikiarms.com too they aggregate prices from around the web.

P210 in general is a classic.

Posts: 1471 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I'm still waiting on a part of wear out on any of the semi-auto pistols I own... let alone the Sigs... which some I have put thousands of rounds through. Amazing that you did not drink the 'G' kool-aid.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Having enjoyed 210s on and off since the '80s, I sure don't think you made a mistake. I've had Swiss, German and now the US target version, all good guns. The one I've never even handled is the carry version. Don't recall ever seeing one at a LGS or gun show, darn itWink

NRA Life

Posts: 1565 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post