New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG Pro 9mm Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
I'll probably be posting a WTB in the Classifieds.

Is there any reason that I should look for SP2009 vs. SP2022-9mm?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30675 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The accessory rail is the only functional difference.

So if you want/need a standard rail for something like a WML, get a SP2022.

Otherwise, you can get either one.

Posts: 32512 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

The accessory rail is the only functional difference.

So if you want/need a standard rail for something like a WML, get a SP2022.

Otherwise, you can get either one.
If rail is not a consideration, I should just choose based on things like condition, included accessories (magazines, holster, etc.), and price?

I mentioned this in another thread, and never really got an answer: Is there any significant benefit to internal or external extractor? I have seen SIG Pro models both ways.

I'm looking for a shooter / range / carry pistol, not a "collectible."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30675 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
If rail is not a consideration, I should just choose based on things like condition, included accessories (magazines, holster, etc.), and price?

Yep.

Note that SP2022 holsters might be easier to find, since they're more common here in the US. But even then, there are two styles of SP2022 rails (an earlier one that was curved like the classic P-series rails, and a later one that was flatter like a standard 1913/Picatinny rail). So not all SP2022s will fit all SP2022 holsters, depending on how tightly the rail area is molded.

quote:
I mentioned this in another thread, and never really got an answer: Is there any significant benefit to internal or external extractor? I have seen SIG Pro models both ways.

The SP2009 and early SP2022s have internal extractors. Later SP2022s have external extractors.

I haven't seen any discussion or evidence either way about whether one is superior to the other.

Posts: 32512 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I had an SP2009 I sold to a guy, b/c he wanted the same gun Jason Bourne selected in The Bourne Identity.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
The internal has a couple fewer parts. It basically snaps into place. I assume function is equal albeit different methods of spring tension. Aesthetically speaking, the like the internal.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SigSentry,

Posts: 3521 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I was able to find an SP2022 in mint condition, probably unfired, for $400 at the LGS. It makes a great nightstand gun.

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out palmetto state armory. Had some good deals on them this week.

Posts: 268 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When they were switching from the 2009 to the 2022 a local shop had a pile of them for sale.

$389 at the time. I bought one. If I had more money at the time I probably would have bought two.

It is a great shooter and a very underrated Sig

Posts: 403 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dubagel:

Do you have a link? I didn’t see them?

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
quote:

Do you have a link? I didn’t see them?

PSA

Posts: 158 | Location: Long Island, NY | Registered: December 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just search sig p2022. They have the one with 10rd mags and 15rd mags.

Posts: 268 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just search sig p2022. They have the one with 10rd mags and 15rd mags.
I see the 10 round version for $399, but I don't see the 15 round version for anywhere near that price.

Do you have a link?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the full capacity gun is $499.99
https://palmettostatearmory.co...ack-e2022-9-bss.html

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Buy the CA version, then buy 3x 15 or 17 round magazines, and use the 10 rounders for the range. Same $500 as the non-CA version, but you end up with 3 extra magazines (1 full capacity and 2 neutered).

and every one of them words rang true and glowed like burnin’ coal.
Picture of TannerBoyl
posted Hide Post
A while bacK, Sig had built some SP2009s for a South American government contract. They were like the normal ones, but I believe they had short reach triggers and a slide mounted safety (a la Beretta 92). I wish that I would have bought one. You may be able to still find one. To me, it’s just a cool different pistol.

Otherwise, the SP2022 is a fantastic choice.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Redondo Beach, California | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TannerBoyl:

A while bacK, Sig had built some SP2009s for a South American government contract. They were like the normal ones, but I believe they had short reach triggers and a slide mounted safety (a la Beretta 92)..
Short reach trigger is a definite NO for me. I have moderately large hands, and long fingers (inherited from my pianist mother).

I'm kind of neutral about the safety, doesn't make a lot of difference to me on a DA / SA pistol.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
I held one at a LGS. That slide mounted safety was throwing my brain off a bit. I had no idea it was a short reach trigger too... or I would have jumped on that. Damn.

quote:
Originally posted by TannerBoyl:
A while bacK, Sig had built some SP2009s for a South American government contract. They were like the normal ones, but I believe they had short reach triggers and a slide mounted safety (a la Beretta 92). I wish that I would have bought one. You may be able to still find one. To me, it’s just a cool different pistol.

Otherwise, the SP2022 is a fantastic choice.

Posts: 693 | Location: PA | Registered: August 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I have a 2340 and a 2022. They are a PITA to field strip and put back together. There are tons of youtube videos explaining how it's done. It takes a little getting used to, but it is still much more difficult than a traditional SIG, P226, P228, etc...

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
I have a 2340 and a 2022. They are a PITA to field strip and put back together.

Not really. It's basically identical to a wide range of other semiauto handguns, like a S&W 1st/2nd/3rd Gen, or a Kahr, or a CZ, or a Ruger P-series, or a HK USP/P2000, or a Hi Power, etc.

Also similar to, but a bit less involved than, a 1911.

Like all of these designs, the Sig Pro use a crosspin on the slide lock lever to retain the slide assembly, which has to be aligned with a takedown notch in the slide to be removed/reinstalled, rather than the rotating takedown lever seen on the classic Sig P-series or the P250/P320.