SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Does anyone know where some .25 ACP is?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone know where some .25 ACP is? Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted
I can't find it on-line anywhere, or at any of the shops nearby.

Has anyone seen .25 ACP with just plain ball anywhere.

I have my mother-in-law's old Baby Browning and want to shoot it.

I know it won't be cheap, but I don't want to pay excessively for it.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53116 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15895 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32398 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53116 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
Haven't found any in over a year at any price.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redlickranch:
Haven't found any in over a year at any price.

Plenty available online currently. It's just that it's 50-60 cents per round for basic FMJ, before shipping.

Posts: 32398 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Recently we were able to get a couple of cases of S&B in, which was the first .25ACP that we've had in almost a year. But its cost was quite a bit more than when we last had it. We used to sell a 50ct box for around $16/per. Now its sell price is $25 just to reasonably cover our higher cost from the distributor that we got it from. Still it didn't take very long to sell through all of it.

-MG

Posts: 1920 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For a good while ( things have gotten better supply wise) perhaps a year or so in my area, about the only calibers you could find on the shelf in pistol ammo at shops were 25 auto and 32 auto along with 32 long revolver

Posts: 3266 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They had several boxes at Scheels in the Colony earlier today.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sgammo just got some:

https://www.sgammo.com/product...grain-fmj-ammo-sb25a

----------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I once read an article that surmised most .25 autos were never fired or if they were, on a few shots to prove function. Its why many are found after someone dies with a full box of ammo, less the ones in the magazine.

We moved 11 years ago and my younger son recently found my "pengun" in some stuff. He brought it to me. I'd long ago sold off my 2 .25s and gave up the ammo too. I had to beg my gunshow buddy for a few rounds. Not a problem for him, he's dumping useless stuff just like I am.

Maybe the demise of the "ring of fire" companies has crushed the demand for the ammo.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:

Maybe the demise of the "ring of fire" companies has crushed the demand for the ammo.

Tabasco® ?

Life's been good to me so far

Posts: 15832 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Tabasco® ?

No, "The Ring of Fire" was a nickname given to a incestuous collection of gun companies producing notoriously low quality and unreliable pot metal handguns in small calibers (.25/.32) back in the 70s/80s/90s, all of whom were located near each other in California and Nevada, and many of whom had related or overlapping owners/workers/backers.

It includes manufacturers like Raven, Jennings, Davis, Bryco, Lorcin, Phoenix, Cobra, Sundance, and Jimenez.

Very popular for a time among "urban youths" and other criminal elements, as well as noncriminal folks who didn't know better and who mainly just wanted an inexpensive gun (any gun) to keep at home as some sort of magical talisman that they thought would ward off evil. (Because if they ever actually tried shooting it, they would have realized that it's a piece of shit that's way more likely to malfunction than actually fire.)

I recall we actually had one victim about 10-12 years ago whose life was saved by them being such shitty guns. Scrotebag robs an auto parts store using his cheap pot metal handgun, and decides to shoot the store clerk. But when he pulled the trigger on his cheap handgun (I don't recall which of the near-identical Ring of Fire makers his particular gun was made by), the gun went *click*, locked up tight, and the magazine fell out. Scrotebag then booked it out of the store with his empty broken gun, was taken into custody on a nearby school campus that he tried to flee through, and the clerk lived.

So thanks, Ring of Fire... Your shitty workmanship saved a life.

Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Its why they test fire them. Often in an alley.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
Saw some today at Cabela's in Louisville, KY. They also had 30-30 $36 in stock and buckets of bullets 22 1400 rounds for $119.99 and 9mm for $20 per box, 223 for $11-$12 per 20. Keep the faith more and more hitting shelves.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
You can always post a WTB ad here, I'm sure someone has some they would be willing to sell you.

The reason why niche ammo like .25 and .32 and even .380 get so scarce is that the production lines are cranking out 9mm as fast as they can and don't want to have to retool for this stuff. At least that's how I understand it to be?

Posts: 33567 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post

CDNN sports just listed some.

NRA Life Member

Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Several years ago, a suspect in west Dallas held up a gas station, pulled the trigger on the cheap .25 pistol he was carrying, and needed extensive hand surgery when the gun blew apart on him.

One of the responding officers called it a case of "attempted Lorcinicide," which became our favorite euphemism for quite a while.

Posts: 4489 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
It won't really help you, but I did see a half-dozen boxes at a local sporting goods store, at the low, low price of $49.95.

Posts: 27803 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post