SIGforum
FN Herstal and Fiocchi to Supply 5.7x28mm Ammo to the U.S. Market

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/410601935/m/4990028294

June 20, 2022, 07:32 AM
RichardC
FN Herstal and Fiocchi to Supply 5.7x28mm Ammo to the U.S. Market

At the exhibition Eurosatory 2022 in Paris, France, FN Herstal and Fiocchi have announced that they have entered into a new agreement. The new partnership should please U.S. customers as it specifically covers the manufacture and supply of 5.7x28mm ammunition in this market. The future plan is also to expand the existing range of 5.7x28mm ammunition for the U.S. commercial market.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com...al-fiocchi-5-7x28mm/

Life's been good to me so far
June 20, 2022, 12:11 PM
Sigmund
Is that a large market? I don’t own one,
but it doesn’t seem that popular.
June 20, 2022, 12:30 PM
flesheatingvirus
I think the question should be, if ammo were more available, would it be more popular?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
June 20, 2022, 12:43 PM
Flash-LB
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
I think the question should be, if ammo were more available, would it be more popular?

Perhaps if it were cheaper also. The two guys I know who shoot it say it's around $1.00/round
June 26, 2022, 06:59 PM
ZSMICHAEL
I looked up the price of 5.7x28mm and it is outrageous. I last paid 16 dollars for fifty rounds.
June 26, 2022, 09:02 PM
joel9507
Interesting development.

I hope we get additional supply with these new types and prices moderate as the breadth of choice expands.
June 26, 2022, 10:16 PM
bubbatime
Ruger and Palmetto State Armory now make and sell guns in this caliber. It has growing interest.

More ammo is good news. Rumor is PSA will also start making ammo soon.