SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Blazer brass with HST load
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blazer brass with HST load Login/Join 
posted
http://www.surplusammo.com/40-...hst-load-500-rounds/

This is brand new, all the Blazer brass I've seen - and shot in 9, 40, and 380 - has been ball. I'm happy with God Dots for my carry load, but HST fans may want to get these.

Posts: 15895 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like 50 rounds of remanufactured HSTs and 450 rounds of Blazer Brass.

(HST description does not show SPEER manufacturer number...)

Am I reading that wrong?

------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope. That's how I read the description, too.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
And the jhp are slower than the fmj

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The HST load is definitely NOT made by Blazer/CCI. So who knows who actually loaded the ammo. I certainly wouldn't trust my life to unknown quality ammo like that.

Posts: 259 | Registered: December 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
I am betting that the HST rounds are from a government agency contract. If you check SGAmmo, they have contract over runs with brass cases.

Posts: 711 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Description says HST are new production. You determine if it is a good value.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CTG_Collector:
The HST load is definitely NOT made by Blazer/CCI. So who knows who actually loaded the ammo. I certainly wouldn't trust my life to unknown quality ammo like that.

Exactly. No mention of who loaded it - just that it is 'new manufacture'.

Contrast that to the description of the Blazer ammo that states specifically:
"NEW Manufacture Manufacture Part #: 5220 Manufactured by CCI Speer, Made in USA"

No such verbiage for the HST ammo. Buyer beware.

----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post