SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Why are 410 shot shells so hard to find?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why are 410 shot shells so hard to find? Login/Join 
Just mobilize it
posted
I’ve never had a 410 though notice they are out of stock everywhere even when everything else is well stocked. Is this an issue all over? Why?

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
https://ammoseek.com/ammo/410-bore

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11186 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
https://www.sgammo.com/catalog...-sale/410-gauge-ammo

Seems with the 410, ‘defensive loads’ have taken over regular shot shells for hunting. A few years ago a friend was looking, while they were very scare, I gave him a 1/2 box or so.

sgammo is usually a good source, I think I’ve even seen 410 shells at Walmart recently.

Posts: 6100 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
I saw some last weekend at KYGUNCO, but they were $20 a box.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1046 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I make my own, current cost is about $6.50 per box. I really do miss the days when shot was only 36 dollars a bag. Hard to believe that was only 4 years ago.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5544 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post