SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    How to Save on Ammo Shipping Fees – Any Tips?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to Save on Ammo Shipping Fees – Any Tips? Login/Join 
posted
I've noticed some great ammo deals lately, but the shipping fees can sometimes outweigh the savings.

For example, I came across this listing for .45 ACP ammo. Where ammo listed for $8 per box, but the shipping cost is $15, which seems pretty steep compared to the price of the product.

How do you guys save on shipping when buying ammo online?

These directories are really very helpful to get the ideas of price & shipping without adding the cart.

https://www.bulkcheapammo.com/...gun-ammo/45-acp-auto

Posts: 3 | Registered: September 17, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
Buying in enough bulk that the shipping is free or heavily discounted. An example would be SGAmmo.com having free shipping on orders over $200. Or waiting until Natchez has $5 shipping on orders over $99.

Posts: 1519 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I like sgammo also, can also be used as a pricing reference.

Like anything, one can compare, look to ‘economy of scale’.

Besides a few dollars here & there, online is very convenient with availability easily checked. Even if you only have a 20 minute drive, factor in that cost & time.

Even at the local Walmart, ammo isn’t normally low cost.

Posts: 6422 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Use ammoseek - search using the free/conditional-free shipping option for best deals

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4657 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
In the past, I have organized a few mini group buys with other local folks, to take advantage of of bulk pricing, and / or free shipping on larger orders.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31442 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
Use ammoseek - search using the free/conditional-free shipping option for best deals

ammoseek is really good.But BulkCheapAmmo has made it even easier. BulkCheapAmmo shows both the shipping cost and the final price for each product, making price comparisons simpler. Plus, you can check costs by state—a super handy feature.

Give it a try, you might find it more useful!

Posts: 3 | Registered: September 17, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post