SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    First Shots With CGS Mod-9
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First Shots With CGS Mod-9 Login/Join 
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted
I finally got to the range today with my CGS Mod-9. Was going to go last Friday, but my arm was sore/stiff from getting my booster, and my back was hurting.

My host is a G19X with a Lone Wolf Alpha Wolf barrel. The added weight on the muzzle, combined with the suppressor doing its thing, did a great job of minimizing recoil to almost none. It was about like shooting .38 Spl wadcutters in my 4” GP-100. I was using 147gr Freedom Munitions HUSH ammo. Soooo quiet! Accuracy was quite good, but the G19X is pretty darn accurate to start with.

I didn’t try clocking it to adjust POI, as I was just having fun on my first time out with it. I was standing, not on a rest; next time I may put it on a rest and see what it can really do. I’m extremely pleased with the Mod-9.

Next I want to pick up a Ruger PC-9 to put it on. I already have the fixed spacer for it; just need the gun. CGS stands for “Chaos Gear Supply” but it should stand for “Constant Grins and Smiles” ‘cause it makes me very happy! Big Grin

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1674 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
I had a CGS Hydra come through that I got to put on a Ruger MKIV to test. It was very fun. I'd be excited to check out some more of their items.

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1183 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I’m thinking about maybe picking up a Beretta 3032 Tomcat with the threaded barrel just for some more fun.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1674 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post