SIGforum
Pending research question

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/380105858/m/9650024994

March 15, 2023, 02:22 PM
bettysnephew
Pending research question
If one has a Form 1 application that has come back as Pending research, will ATF notify (email)when the application is accepted or denied? I used the drop down to give the name of my Rattler and I suspect that is the issue as that name is not engraved on the receiver.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith
March 15, 2023, 11:35 PM
Dwill104
Unless they reject it outright, the next step is that it moves to submitted/in process (the normal initial status for a successfully submission). Then it goes through the normal process and either gets approved or denied.

However, if you put Rattler as the model, and it only says MCX on the receiver, they may reject it. “Rattler” is a SiG branding name for a particular configuration of the MCX, not a model.
August 04, 2023, 08:49 AM
squad13
quote:
will ATF notify (email)when the application is accepted or denied

Suppose to get an email from the ATF, my last eForm 1 I did not get a notification and had to login to see my approval.
August 04, 2023, 12:48 PM
bettysnephew
I made the same mistake of selecting Rattler from the drop down list. It did eventually go through but I had also submitted pictures of serial number and engravings so perhaps that saved me from being denied. To say the least, the system is flawed if it allows you to select an improper description. If I recall the dropdown was MCX Rattler or Rattler MCX.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith
August 04, 2023, 11:13 PM
P220 Smudge
My FFL told me that dropbox is loaded with incorrect stuff because it populates purely based off stuff people have previously entered. No, it should not work that way. Our tax dollars at work.

August 05, 2023, 09:45 AM
nhracecraft
You would think that the drop-doen menus would be loaded with things that have actually been approved previously, and that 'should' be a safe bet...At least you'd think so, but it's the gov! Of course, the ATF's most recent policy declaration takes the position that they can regulate based on marketing info from the Firearm manufacturers, but apparently only when 'they' see fit to do so! Roll Eyes

Regardless, I learned a long time ago when I had questions re: my first Form 4 that whatever goes on the form has to be EXACTLY 'As Engraved' on the Receiver.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!