SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Which would be a better host, Colt 6920 or AUG?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which would be a better host, Colt 6920 or AUG? Login/Join 
Picture of Syngin1066
posted
Ok, got my stamp back on an Omega 36m and picked up a .224 ASR brake. Now I’m trying to decide which rifle would be a better host. Please bear with me, I’m new to the suppressor game.

When I bought the AUG, the previous owner gave me a 5/8” thread adapter. I’ve also read that they need a suppressor gas plug to run properly. Does anyone have any experience / advice?

My other option is my old faithful 6920. I’ve also read that I should swap the stock buffer to an H buffer. Thoughts? I’ve read the whole gas to the face thing is bad and there are a bunch of things you can change to help with it. I don’t think I want to swap the bolt or change gas blocks. Is the gas buster charging handle actually worth it?

Which would the hive mind suggest?

Thank you in advance.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of those two choices, likely the Colt. It will be a little gassy, and a good gas busting charging handle will help a bit. I’m rather surprised that the 6920 didn’t already come with a H buffer. I wouldn’t consider suppressing an AUG without the suppressor gas plug, and even if I found one, I probably wouldn’t do it since the ejection port is right next to your face.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
You are right on the buffer being an H, I just looked up the specs. Thanks for that.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post