SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Oh, COOL!!! Ruger® Silent-SR® 10/22 Takedown® Integrally Suppressed Barrel
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oh, COOL!!! Ruger® Silent-SR® 10/22 Takedown® Integrally Suppressed Barrel Login/Join 
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
These are basically unobtanium now. I've been looking for one for months.

Alternatively, I've been thinking about going with a Ruger Charger Takedown .22LR, SBR'ing it, and adding a suppressor onto it.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6127 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...that sounds just like an SD barrel...
Ports drilled through the barrel, just past the chamber reduce/relives the pressure, then vents everything through the suppressor and all ammo is subsonic ... and subsonic ammo won't have enough pressure to operate the action.

Not that at all. nothing in it to change super to sub.
Just a nice way to suppress the Takedown without adding any additional length.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11149 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:

Alternatively, I've been thinking about going with a Ruger Charger Takedown .22LR, SBR'ing it, and adding a suppressor onto it.

I believe there is one in the case at Mandan Sporting Goods in Mandan, ND.

Posts: 2507 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Just saw this, thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by usp_fan:
quote:

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6127 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
I didn't get this one but found another on GB. My FFL received it and I started the NFA paperwork today.

quote:
Just saw this, thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by usp_fan:
quote:

Phone's ringing, Dude.

posted Hide Post
AUTiger89 - Well dang you Big Grin.

I guess this will be my next purchase. Watched several videos on this suppressed barrel last night and now I want one. Now to figure out what to sell to fund this new purchase.

This thing is going to be a blast once I find one and get it out of jail. Until then I will continue to use one of my rimfire suppressors on my Ruger 10/22 threaded barrel takedown.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigarmsp226,

Posts: 3319 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m using a dead air mask, but I would love to hear about your experience with the silent SR! I was disappointed when Gemtech decided to discontinue their integral mist suppressor. With the new Samson folding stock and the unavailability of the silent SR, it feels like the opening of the A-Team. If you need to suppress something, and you can find it, maybe you can hire the silent SR.

Help with my medical fundraiser at https://fundrazr.com/d2PmG0?ref=ab_8BFKzc.

Posts: 2148 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
I'll compare when mine gets out of NFA jail.
quote:
Originally posted by Legal Beagle:
I’m using a dead air mask, but I would love to hear about your experience with the silent SR! I was disappointed when Gemtech decided to discontinue their integral mist suppressor. With the new Samson folding stock and the unavailability of the silent SR, it feels like the opening of the A-Team. If you need to suppress something, and you can find it, maybe you can hire the silent SR.

Phone's ringing, Dude.