SIGforum
Kel-Tec Sub 2000 CQB range day

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/380105858/m/9410066484

August 30, 2021, 02:49 PM
rsbolo
Kel-Tec Sub 2000 CQB range day
SO, it took seven months for my CQB to finally get into my hands. It then took me another month just to get to the range.

I took possession of the CQB and took it to the range with only three different flavors of ammo. Some standard 115 grain ball that I've had for quite some time, some 124 grain ball ammo made by Idaho Ordinance, and some 147 grain subsonic ammo.

Background info: I was shooting at my normal outdoor range and I had the place to myself as I snuck out of the office during "lunch" to go shooting.

I used glock 33 round magazines loaded with 20 rounds of ammo in each of the three flavors. (I usually would load them full but I was on my lunch break and didn't want to spend too much time loading magazines.

I have a Sig Romeo 5 mounted on the front rail.

I started at 10 yards with 115 grain ammo. The CQB is very comfortable to hold and the 115s shot true and keeping on target was not difficult at all. After three rounds I was able to keep all of the remaining rounds inside the 10 on a standard B-16 25 yard target. I was able to remove my muffs and the report from the 115 grain was just below what I would want to tolerate without hearing protection.

I had no problems with feeding or function of the CQB but I do find the charging handle to be a bit stiff and the trigger is arthritic...just a bit stiff and not as smooth as it could be. I am going to do some polishing and see about a kit for the trigger from M Carbo. The trigger wasn't awful but there is room for improvement. I am hoping this is something I can improve on my own.

The 124s were just as much fun and possibly more accurate than the 115s. While 10 yards isn't a terrific measure of carbine accuracy I am very pleased with how the "ergonomics" of the CQB work for me. The suppression level was about the same as the 115s. Not bad but not what I would call hearing safe. The feed and function were flawless. No hiccoughs of any kind.

the 147s were a whole new experience. After the first trigger pull I had to check and see if there had been a failure. I was not sure that I saw brass ejected so I checked just to be sure. Indeed the gun cycled normally. Okaaay...that was quiet. I lowered my muffs and fired a second round. Very nice. I don't know what I would compare it to soundwise. I guess the sound reminds me of my brad nailer (air powered small nail gun) the sound is not bothersome and I feel as though it is hearing friendly.

For the price, I am very pleased with the Kel-Tec Sub2000 CQB.

August 31, 2021, 08:17 AM
RichardC
rsbolo, nice acquisition!

I can't seem to find an online owner's manual for the weapon.

Please tell us about cleaning it.

August 31, 2021, 10:22 AM
myrottiety
quote:
Kel-Tec Sub2000 CQB

Hell I didn't even know this was a thing. Neat!

Far from a "pretty gun" but neat!

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.
September 02, 2021, 03:51 AM
Legal Beagle
Very cool. Saw one at a local class 3 dealer and I’m tempted…

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.
September 10, 2021, 02:57 PM
rsbolo
I'd also like to submit that after a week of carrying it I am sold. That's right, I've been carrying this bad boy in a Dakine 20L backpack! I put some packing foam (the dark grey firm foam) in the pack to keep any corners from poking me.

The CQB fits great in it and I really like keeping a backpack on me rather than an IWB pistol. The backpack does not stand out as it is more of a day hiker pack than anything. Deployment is probably slower than drawing a pistol from an IWB holster but OTOH I have 33 rounds of 147 grain goodness ready to rock and roll.

I am very happy with my CQB