SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    I want to suppress my Model 41. What's the best way to do this?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I want to suppress my Model 41. What's the best way to do this? Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted
It used to seem like a hell of a lot of money at $350 for a threaded Clark STC barrel, now they're $500. That's... a lot of money for a barrel. Now, I inherited the gun and will never voluntarily part with it, so that factors into this as well, but there's also an undetermined wait time associated with these barrels as well. Waiting to hear back.

Another option is to try to pick up a cheap 6.5" or 7.5" barrel and have a smith turn it down, and thread and crown it. That's also playing the waiting game and could turn into a turd polishing project with questionable results. You just never know.

I'm not sure exactly what I'm asking, I guess just whatever input or insights anyone's willing to offer. I've been long enamored with the thought of plinking with that pistol wearing a red dot and a can. I can't remember this forum member's screen name, but I've seen a number of his pictures posted on here and stumbled onto this video while searching YouTube. Watch this and tell me this doesn't look fun, I dare you.

Here's another good one.

Posts: 17574 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Tornado-tech? I would ask them to do an internal thread and adapter like they do with the old Berettas. They never had a fantastic reputation for turn-around-time, but they are still around, which is a good sign.

https://tornadotechnologies.co...ading-shop-services/

Posts: 5224 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^I had .22LR Conversion Barrel for a SIG P220 'Threaded & Extended' by Tornado Technologies and it turned out excellent. I didn't like the adapter required for use w/ the SIG threaded barrel, and having the non-threaded barrel modified by Tornado Tech was a MUCH cleaner solution! They do excellent work!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nhracecraft,

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9411 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another satisfied Tornado Tech customer. I had them do internal thread and an adapter for a Beretta 87, came out perfect. I had also bought a longer beretta 87 target barrel with the ideas of having it cut down, crowned, threaded but never followed through with it.

Posts: 572 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check the auction sites for a Bully barrel from Ray-Vin. I got mine before he retired and it’s a great suppressor host.

Posts: 296 | Location: North Central Florida | Registered: December 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Hadn't even thought of internal thread. Hmmm.

Snowdog, I would love to get my hands on one of those Ray-Vins, but I would guess it's about like landing a used Clark. I imagine guys hang onto them since they're hard to get. Razz

So, it kinda comes down to watching the auction sites for one of the purpose-built barrels or a project barrel that isn't too beat up.

Posts: 17574 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tornado Tech has had my Walther p5 barrel for 3 years and will not return calls or answer the phone or multiple emails .

Posts: 557 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't been down this exact path but I am a lover of 41's and have a few. My recommendation is to just suck it up and order the Clark barrel and wait out the cycle time. Even if TT didn't have a somewhat colored reputation I wouldn't hack up my stock barrel.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11149 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yeah, reasonable. I’m not going to alter the barrels my father shot matches with, and prices on used barrels aren’t a hell of a lot cheaper than a Clark anyway. I remember seeing them on eBay for a couple hundred bucks on average a few years ago. Everything I saw yesterday when I looked was around $400. Everything’s gotten so damn expensive.