SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Walther PPsport 22.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walther PPsport 22. Login/Join 
posted
Bought a Walther PP spor 22. The barrel is threaded for the front sight. Found an adapter to 1/2 28 . In France. Changed out the target grips. Now need recommendations for a dedicated 22 suppressor. I looked at a Rugged Mustang. The target sights are high enough to see over my Odessa 9.

Posts: 557 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I personally don't like aluminum baffles. They restrict how you can clean severely. I happen to find the rugged occulus very good, the surefire ryder very good and the dead air mask very good. The mask is probably the best of the bunch but since their customer service melted I wouldn't propose anyone get anything they make.
That looks like a weight senstive setup so I might take a look at the titanium options. My surefire is pretty light but I'd guess another oz or two would go on Ti. I don't have any but there are surely some decent ones.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11149 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
I have a Warlock with aluminum baffles that I got so my wife was more comfortable shooting it for the light weight. I wouldn't do it again, it is a pain to clean. I also have an Oculus which I like a lot and is so much easier to clean.

I wouldn't recommend any suppressor with aluminum baffles.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I shot a Rugged Oculus this last weekend that was super quiet. It was on a Ruger 22/45 and I couldn't tell you what the pistol felt like without it mounted, but it didn't feel front heavy. I asked the rep what ammo it was, and he grinned and pointed at a box of Aguila "Super Extra High Velocity" on the table. It was hearing safe with no earplugs in. Very, very quiet. I was impressed.

At the risk of sounding like a fanboy, Otter Creek brought a titanium .22 to market recently that's getting good reviews. The guys at my FFL were raving about it when I stopped in yesterday. I plan to get a .22 can next and it's on my short list. Really, they're all around $400 and the major differences between all the reputable manufacturers seem to be how short and how light you want it to be. On paper, anyways.

Posts: 17574 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paperwork filed today on a Rugged Oculus.

Posts: 557 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent choice as you can run it both long or short. For P220Smudge that Otter Creek looks interesting and Pew just did a review of it.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11149 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Elmer, hopefully you get to pick that Oculus up pretty quickly. I'll be curious to see your thoughts on how it does with your pistol.

quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
For P220Smudge that Otter Creek looks interesting and Pew just did a review of it.

Oh, I'll have to have a look at that.

Posts: 17574 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post