SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Has anyone ever had a barrel back-bored & threaded for an adapter?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone ever had a barrel back-bored & threaded for an adapter? Login/Join 
Picture of kimberkid
posted
The subject line is the question (Has anyone ever had a barrel back-bored and threaded for a suppressor adapter?

I’ve got a couple bull-barrel 22’s I’d like to suppress but don’t want to change the profile by having the end of the barrel turned down.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not. But every time there is a discussion of this issue in my internet experience the goto reference is tornado technologies. You should check with them. most of the references I have seen are great work, long lead times, FWIW>

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
The very first suppressor that I built was for a Ruger MK-II that we ghost threaded

Silent Mike at AAC had his 22LR Walther PPk ghost threaded, but I can not find photos of it (found a pic)

I was going to send one of my Walthers off to ADCO to be ghost threaded about the time that Walther Arms was formed here in America. Buying the new Umarex made walther PPk/s was about the same price as the threading job. So I bought another gun instead

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
The very first suppressor that I built was for a Ruger MK-II that we ghost threaded

Exactly what I’m wanting done … for the Colt I’ve got both the 4” & 6” barrels, the 4” doesn’t have the rail so I might have it done first, unfortunately I don’t have the short barrel for the NEOS.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Following, as I have a Browning Field/Target that I would like to suppress. Browning does make a suppressed barrel version of this pistol but there seem to be no barrels available from their parts system and I really prefer to not buy another pistol. I cannot seem to find any suppressors with male adapters to thread into a rebated threaded barrel so am holding off for the present time until I can find something that will adapt.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2869 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I have not. But every time there is a discussion of this issue in my internet experience the goto reference is tornado technologies. You should check with them. most of the references I have seen are great work, long lead times, FWIW>

Be careful. Tornado Technologies doesn't appear to be what they once were -

https://www.bbb.org/us/or/hill...-90006823/complaints

I thought there was a thread on SIGforum a while back that revealed some issues with the company but I can't find it.

I had Tornado Tech. thread a Ruger 22/45 back when Ruger didn't offer options like threaded barrels or removable grips. It took many months for them to complete but I was pleased with the work.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
Be careful. Tornado Technologies doesn't appear to be what they once were -

https://www.bbb.org/us/or/hill...-90006823/complaints

I thought there was a thread on SIGforum a while back that revealed some issues with the company but I can't find it.

I recall that thread too.

Found it. https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0097594?r=2150097594

Posts: 4121 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post