SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Factory .357 SIG barrels with threads?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Factory .357 SIG barrels with threads? Login/Join 
Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted
Has SIG every made a threaded .357 SIG barrel for the P229 or P226?

I understand there is a potential issue with trying to thread a .40 S&W barrel for these guns due to a rather thin barrel wall thickness, but why not the SIG .357?

Lack of demand I suppose...

Frown

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Because to really gain all you can out of suppressing a weapon, you should shoot subsonic ammunition.

Subsonic 357 sig is called 9mm.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
True. Never thought to suppress 357. When I decided to start suppressing pistol I went .22, 9mm, .45.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
Because to really gain all you can out of suppressing a weapon, you should shoot subsonic ammunition.

Subsonic 357 sig is called 9mm.

I agree, but I find that suppressing any gun always makes it more pleasant to shoot.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post