SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    OSS, CGS, Sig SLX, B&T RBS, Tranquillo low-backpressure cans
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OSS, CGS, Sig SLX, B&T RBS, Tranquillo low-backpressure cans Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
you might also look at the LaRue Tranquillo

Funny you mention that. Next month will mark one year since I ordered a SUURG kit from them. I'll be pumped when they tell me that thing is on the way.

I put a down payment on a B&T RBS at my dealer yesterday. They're not there for him to get yet, but I gave him enough money that he'll act swiftly when they are.

Posts: 1121 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hang in there. My Tranquillo took about 13 months to be delivered to my FFL/SOT. And then, incredibly, that ATF processed my paper Form 4 in about 4 months.

Posts: 529 | Location: Gunnison, CO | Registered: March 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spoke with Larue about it in February, and they said there's another guy who's been waiting since 2020. I guess the SUURG has that much longer of a lead time, because it's more than just the silencer. I will continue to be patient. Have you had an opportunity to compare the Tranquillo to other low pressure silencers?

Posts: 1121 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
I finally got my OSS 762-QD (stainless) out to shoot next to my DA PBS-1. While I didn't put a whole lot of rounds through either, the PBS-1 had more backpressure, no surprise, but they sounded pretty much the same (which is far better than sans suppressor).

I am glad I have both as I intend to use the PBS-1 on my Arsenal SLR107 and the OSS on my PTR-91, Aero M5, SCAR, and other gas sensitive platforms. Unfortunately, the Arsenal is NOT concentric, so I will not mount the OSS again.

I just wish I had purchased the OSS in titanium, as the stainless is a pig.

I have a DA Sandman-S on the way, which will be more of a general purpose 762 suppressor where gas is not as much an issue.

Posts: 1808 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't find the OSS cans to be heavy enough to warrant complaint. IMO, their titanium offering didn't shave enough weight, to merit the extra cost. This is coming from someone who has more time behind an older Gemtech Halo than anything else though, so my ideas about what a can ought to weigh are pretty forgiving.