SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Finally found a suppressor host and was not raped on price.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally found a suppressor host and was not raped on price. Login/Join 
posted
My local store had this Ruger Target threaded model come in and as they were putting it out, I called to ask if they had ANY threaded 22’s in stock? As a matter of fact, we just had one come in. Me...could you put it aside and I will come get it? Them....yes, do you want to know the price? Well, I might need that. $529 which in this market is very fair, plus I have not seen a threaded pistol anywhere for a decent price. I got it home, loaded a few mags and rejoiced at how quiet it is. The gun ran 5 types of standard velocity and subsonic ammo without issue.

There is nothing like an all steel, blued gun. And to think, I almost paid $685 PLUS tax for a Ruger light online.

Posts: 1095 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Very nice.
The Mark IV allows for easy take down and cleaning.

Now , it just needs the magzine disconnect..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alicncm7WSc

Posts: 2293 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GroundedCLK
posted Hide Post
Nice setup profile looks great, one question is how quiet is it really? Quiet enough for squirrel removal in a suburb setting?

Posts: 1843 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a MK IV and they are great guns. Super accurate and reliable. I have my sparrow mounted on the front and it is quieter than clapping your hands with subsonic ammo.

Posts: 184 | Location: Great Falls VA | Registered: February 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Nice looking pair!

Posts: 7720 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine has the same gun, but with a self made (form 1) can. I would have one except the day I was ready to buy I handled the Mk IV and a Victory and the Victory had a (just slightly) better trigger so I bought it.

GroundedCLK: From my testing with my own setup (DA Mask can), no it's not quiet enough for suburban squirrel removal. I was hoping it would be, but even suppressed it still sounds like a gun shot even using the CCI Quiet ammo. Besides, it won't cycle the gun. Now, the Quiet ammo in my .22 bolt action rifle may very well be quiet enough but I need to do a little more testing on that.

Posts: 7242 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GroundedCLK:
Nice setup profile looks great, one question is how quiet is it really? Quiet enough for squirrel removal in a suburb setting?

It is quiet enough for squirrel removal in an urban setting. My suppressor is an older AAC Pilot that I sent in to have the can made user serviceable. This can has no FRP and is very quiet. It sounds nothing like a gunshot and has cycled over 500 rds since I purchased it without a single issue. All of that was with 6 different types of standard velocity and subsonic ammo.

Posts: 1095 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Feed it: check Billy Bob's Bang Bang Boutique.

Life's been good to me so far

Posts: 15833 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Feed it: check Billy Bob's Bang Bang Boutique.

Thank you. I was able to get a brick of standard velocity.

posted Hide Post
I recently went through the same dilemma looking for a suppressor host .22 pistol. As much as I hate stainless I ended up with a victory. It came in at almost $200 less than the least expensive threaded ruger I could find ( whatever happened to ruger being an economy line?) it now joins my thread adapter equipped 422. Today actually was the first time I hade a day off in weeks to finally give the suppressor its maiden voyage
Worked great on both pistols plus a savage mark II and 15/22

Posts: 3266 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post