SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Has anyone ever made an already silenced gun?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone ever made an already silenced gun? Login/Join 
posted
Straight from the manufacture, where the can is a part of the gun , non detachable ?

a 9 inch piece of tube with 4.5 inches twisted, and four and a half inches bored out ( not twisted)
but the last half has a dozen holes in it .

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54476 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
Daniel Defense makes one with an integrated suppressor, not sure it meets the other info in your question though. I handled one several months back and it's a damn nice feeling piece of machinery.

https://danieldefense.com/fire...isr-mil-spec-tm.html

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
There have been a number of guns over the years produced with integral suppressors, going back many decades.

A personal favorite of mine is the WW2 era Delisle Carbine:

But there are a ton of other examples.

Handguns too.

Posts: 32398 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the Leonidas.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The MP5SD has a barrel that is ported similar to what you describe, but the suppressor can be removed for cleaning and maintenance.

Posts: 5141 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Long ago I saw a integrally-suppressed bolt action pistol that as I recall looked somewhat like the Welrod.

I seem to remember, though, that it was single shot and had a conventional lift handle like most bolt action rifles.

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47356 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Spike's Tactical has several offerings.

Life's been good to me so far

Posts: 15832 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
This is an okay idea for a special mission military weapon.

For civilians in the US with a few exceptions this is not the best idea. We pay a premium for our cans and a large tax. Guns built like this still need that stamp while not having the flexibility to change guns.

This is bad.

With the exception of wanting a clone of a military weapon...Like that delisle carbine I don't see the point.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Long ago I saw a integrally-suppressed bolt action pistol that as I recall looked somewhat like the Welrod.

I seem to remember, though, that it was single shot and had a conventional lift handle like most bolt action rifles.

Likely the B&T VP9. VP is "veterinary pistol." Neat little gun designed for euthanasia. Very similar to the Welrod and reputedly very quiet. Not cheap, though.

Posts: 5141 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
More Delisle goodness.

Members of the 1st Battalion Gordon Highlanders, trying out the a couple Delisle Carbines and a couple M1 or M2 Carbines. Taken in Malaya during 1952.

The shooter on the left is General Sir Gerald Templer, then the British High Commissioner for Malaya.

Posts: 32398 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hardened Arms sells AR-15 rifles with 'pinned' suppressors. Requires a single tax stamp (because OAL is 16").

http://www.hardenedarms.com/ecProduct_324_43

-cek
'92 P228
etc...

Posts: 11 | Registered: July 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
Likely the B&T VP9. VP is "veterinary pistol." Neat little gun designed for euthanasia. Very similar to the Welrod and reputedly very quiet. Not cheap, though.

It was similar in overall appearance, but I don’t believe it was the VP9, if for no other reason than that I saw it in 1967. I also seem to recall that it had a traditional rifle style bolt handle (but could be mistaken).

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47356 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:

It was similar in overall appearance, but I don’t believe it was the VP9, if for no other reason than that I saw it in 1967. I also seem to recall that it had a traditional rifle style bolt handle (but could be mistaken).

No, I suspect you're right, there!