SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    New can came today. Sandman K
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New can came today. Sandman K Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
Well I decided I could use a Sandman K on my home defense AR. I haven’t shot it yet AND no, it’s not really meant to be quiet. It’s very small. The idea is to make the blast from my SBR not *quite* as painful if it has to be lit off indoors. We’ll see how it works out. I’ll report back once I get a chance to shoot.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6193 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
You'll like it. It takes the edge off. I had it on my 6" 300blk and with subs it was great. I tried it on a 7" 5.56 and said nope. It's now on my 10.5" 300blk HD SBR and with subs, it's perfect.

6" 300blk pistol with Sandman-K

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7088 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I love small cans. We all know movie quiet is a myth. It’s More about signature reduction than quiet, and yet people shit on small suppressors because they’re “not quiet enough”

Looks great!! Enjoy!

Posts: 7468 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Groovy, thanks for the input guys! I need to get a 300Blk gun again.

Posts: 6193 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice choice and can.

I bought a SOCOM Mini for my .556... Let the haters hate!@

Posts: 799 | Location: Federal Way, WA (It's a city not prison) | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Excellent!!

How long did the paperwork take?

JB

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 2994 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
About 48hrs. Had the can in less than a week, but I’m a FFL/SOT...

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
Excellent!!

How long did the paperwork take?

JB

I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I picked up a Sandman S last fall for just the same reason. Haven’t gotten a chance to shoot it yet either.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Posts: 5071 | Location: Willow Park, TX | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Thank you sir, how have those Magpul sunglasses held up? Wink

quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
Very nice! I picked up a Sandman S last fall for just the same reason. Haven’t gotten a chance to shoot it yet either.

Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I like my Sandman K, I bought it when they were offering them cheaper for the HPA. I got it for my 10" Scar to keep it short which it does nicely but, its loud. I had an Omega on the Scar before and I did shoot a round or two without earpro, I would never do that with the Sandman K.

I can't wait to get my 13.7" all together so I can try it on that one, I think it might be a nice fit.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3525 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I really want to get one of those Daniel Defense 300Blk PDW’s. I think it would be ideal on that.

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Nice can man. Looking forward to hearing the post shooting report.

Posts: 5557 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
About 48hrs. Had the can in less than a week, but I’m a FFL/SOT...

You've gotta love it. This year will be the first year I turn a profit on my SOT. The other years it has been a minor loss to make it easier to get stuff (and making machineguns with a notification requirement instead of an approval one is pretty groovy...)

Posts: 4086 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
^^ Absolutely! Profit or not, that yearly $500 SOT “fee” is worth it. Big Grin