SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    New can for 2024
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New can for 2024 Login/Join 
posted
Guess I’m a glutton for punishment with an 9 month old Form 4 and 2 1/2 month old Form 1 still outstanding, but bought an Osprey 45 yesterday. Keep telling myself I’m done and tired of waiting nearly a year, but it never sticks.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Buy one every month and you’ll always have one ready Smile

I bought a Ghost-M today as well and will start my form 1 for the Banshee next week.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I'm only at 110 days on my last eForm 4. I'm not holding my breath. It will be a fun surprise, hopefully in 2024.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
I'm only at 110 days on my last eForm 4. I'm not holding my breath. It will be a fun surprise, hopefully in 2024.

282 days and still waiting.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
Just shy of 240 days and got my form 4 approval last week! Now to get to the range

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Probably about to pick up a Griffen.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:

282 days and still waiting.

265 days and still waiting.

I called today for the first time to get a status. I was told it was in a delay status with NICS. Whenever I buy a gun, I always get a 20 min delay from NICS before the proceed comes through at my LGS. I have no idea how long I will be delayed for this? I asked if they could tell me how long it was delayed and they could not.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick_Perry:
I called today for the first time to get a status. I was told it was in a delay status with NICS. Whenever I buy a gun, I always get a 20 min delay from NICS before the proceed comes through at my LGS. I have no idea how long I will be delayed for this? I asked if they could tell me how long it was delayed and they could not.

If you called the ATF, they don't do NICS checks, the FBI does. If you ask the FBI, they'll say they don't do the checks, the ATF does. Nobody knows who actually does them, but if you email NICSliaison@FBI.gov with your control numbers and kindly ask if there's an issue since you're outside the average time, they might potentially tell you they were delayed, but now they've been resolved. They may also tell you they've been cleared for months, they may tell you not to bother them, or they may ignore your email altogether. I've seen or experienced all of the above.

I need to start the clock on a PCC/pistol can now so I can hopefully get to pick it up before the year is out. I shot a couple subs through an APC9 last Saturday that had an Otter Creek Lithium on it and the port pop was louder than the sound from the muzzle. I want that for my Scorpion.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:

If you called the ATF, they don't do NICS checks, the FBI does. If you ask the FBI, they'll say they don't do the checks, the ATF does. Nobody knows who actually does them, but if you email NICSliaison@FBI.gov with your control numbers and kindly ask if there's an issue since you're outside the average time, they might potentially tell you they were delayed, but now they've been resolved. They may also tell you they've been cleared for months, they may tell you not to bother them, or they may ignore your email altogether. I've seen or experienced all of the above.

I need to start the clock on a PCC/pistol can now so I can hopefully get to pick it up before the year is out. I shot a couple subs through an APC9 last Saturday that had an Otter Creek Lithium on it and the port pop was louder than the sound from the muzzle. I want that for my Scorpion.

Thanks for the email address. It's worth a shot. Much appreciated.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Thanks again for the email address. It's been a week and noreply. It was worth a try.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks again for the email address. It's been a week and noreply. It was worth a try.

That sucks, Rick, sorry to hear it. Hopefully it helped shake stuff loose anyway, lack of reply notwithstanding.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

That sucks, Rick, sorry to hear it. Hopefully it helped shake stuff loose anyway, lack of reply notwithstanding.

I decided yesterday evening to resend my original email. Hoping it might catch someone's eye.

I woke up this morning and received a reply stating that "Your transaction(s) has been resolved by the NICS Section. An updated status will be submitted to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF)."

Thank again for the email address!! I owe you one my friend!!!

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thank again for the email address!! I owe you one my friend!!!

Not at all, I'm really glad it worked out. Smile

I've been working hard at aggregating info from about a half dozen places about the approval process, the trends, wait times, and anything anyone's doing that seems to either shake the tree or short-circuit things in any way. I'll have to post a thread about it, I think. More people could benefit from knowing who to actually contact. As it was, my one phone call to the ATF really pissed me off and was a complete and total waste of time.

The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
Guess I’m a glutton for punishment with an 9 month old Form 4 and 2 1/2 month old Form 1 still outstanding, but bought an Osprey 45 yesterday. Keep telling myself I’m done and tired of waiting nearly a year, but it never sticks.
Great can. I have had one for years

It is very quiet and looks good on most pistols

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post