SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    My FFL called me today to report some errors that silencershop made on my order 10 months ago...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My FFL called me today to report some errors that silencershop made on my order 10 months ago... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear it worked out for you.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grapes of Wrath
Picture of Wino
posted Hide Post
So your FFL was wrong about a massive delay and Silencer Shop came through?

It will be interesting to see what your total wait time is and how it compares to the average.

Posts: 1454 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:
UPDATE

I called the ATF hotline today for an update.

The kind agent informed me that transfer to my trust from my FFL/SOT Dealer was approved on March 14th.

He hasn't received it yet, but things should be moving along shortly!

What a hassle....I'll NEVER purchase from silencershop.com again.

Just FYI - Although the ATF 'Approved' your Form 4 on March 14th, they almost NEVER mail it same day! As you know, the ATF is a .gov agency and seemingly operates as inefficiently as possible! I've heard that the NFA Branch transfers Approved Forms to the USPS in large batches, and as such, it can take them 2-4 weeks at times before they actually put it in the mail! Roll Eyes

Remember this....

This is how your Form 4 was delivered to the USPS....It might have even been in of those boxes in the back of that truck! And I'd bet there were more than a few errors hiding in there too! Wink

At the end of the day, due to 41P, NFA wait times are running 8-9 months on a Form 4 alone. With a silencer purchase requiring both a Form 3 and a Form 4 transfer (ordered in April, check cashed/pending? in June), yours seems to be right on schedule!

Hopefully your YHM suppressor will be in your hands very soon....Enjoy the Silence! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8756 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My last two stamps from Silencershop were approved January of 2016. My dealer did not get them till March.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7990 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Ultimately what was the problem? I know there were mistakes on the Form 3 (or at least that's the way it was made out to sound like) that were corrected.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wino:
So your FFL was wrong about a massive delay and Silencer Shop came through?

It will be interesting to see what your total wait time is and how it compares to the average.

How did they come through?

They delayed paperwork, sold a serial number to a silencer that wasn't in their possession yet...counting on delays in the process, some of them they were causing. Then they made a mistake in the paperwork, dropped the ball...and ignored my repeated efforts for communication.

My wait is not over, but at this point I'm at 11 months.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Slight update. FFL texted me, tax stamp received in mail today.

"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Slight update. FFL texted me, tax stamp received in mail today.

That must be some kind of record. BATFE has 30 days to get stamps in the mail.

Also, you should resize that photo at the top of this page. Fucks up the formatting of this thread really bad.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
In MY HANDS!

My ffl is convinced I have a friend at the ATF now....I just said, I think perhaps viewership at sigforum is more widespread than people think. According to him....silencershop went from "we don't give a f'ing crap" to "get it done now". I have no idea, but I'm happy the saga is finally over and I"ll never use them again.

www.rikrlandvs.com

blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:

Also, you should resize that photo at the top of this page. Fucks up the formatting of this thread really bad.

I just noticed that...gimme a few mikes, I'll host them elsewhere and edit.

www.rikrlandvs.com

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
In MY HANDS!

My ffl is convinced I have a friend at the ATF now....I just said, I think perhaps viewership at sigforum is more widespread than people think. According to him....silencershop went from "we don't give a f'ing crap" to "get it done now". I have no idea, but I'm happy the saga is finally over and I"ll never use them again.

Very nice! Waiting on a range report... Big Grin

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post