SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    5.56 suppressors and xm193
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

5.56 suppressors and xm193 Login/Join 
posted
Have any of you with dedicated 5.56 suppressors had issues shooting xm193? I read a discussion the other day that centered around xm193 and endcap/baffle strikes. I'm sitting on a crap ton of xm193 and hope to receive my stamp for a socom rc2 any week now and am wondering if I need to start stocking 62gr?

Posts: 846 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shoot M193 almost exclusively. Never had an issue. That is with a few different 5.56mm "dedicated" cans on barrels between nine and sixteen inches. I rarely shoot without a silencer. If you get an endcap strike, I'd say you just have really bad luck.

Posts: 570 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not. Lots of rounds through a couple M4-2000s and several YHM Turbos and Turbo Ks. Nearly all M193 and no problems.

Posts: 4221 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I've never had such a problem, M193 or any other ammunition. AAC M4-2008 and multiple rifles.

He claims on Tuesday that what he said on Monday needed updating, with the intention of saying on Wednesday that his correction on Tuesday was also wrong, while he awaits more bookings for Thursday’s clarifications—all the while damning the ignorant mob who disseminates supposedly false information. - Victor Davis Hanson, speaking about Anthony Fauci

Posts: 96380 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's the answers I was hoping for, thanks fellas

Posts: 846 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I have no experience with a suppressor on a 5.56/223 AR, but if anything the 55 grain M193 bullet will be stabilized better from any twist rate barrel than heavier bullets.
If someone reported having problems with the load, I can only wonder what brand of ammunition it was.

“The fundamental cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.”
— Bertrand Russell

Posts: 44815 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
No issues with xm193 on a 10.5” or 14.5” and my Specwar 556. Even some full auto from time to time.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7322 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post