SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Mechanix Suppressor Cover
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mechanix Suppressor Cover Login/Join 
posted
asking for guidance/advice on the subject. i have some older and far more expensive suppressor covers. i saw this when i looking for some new work gloves...
i dont know what to think about them. i want one now, but wondering if anyone has tried the mechanix supressor cover?

https://www.mechanix.com/us-en...outs/SUP-CVR-05.html

Posts: 775 | Location: FL | Registered: November 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Interesting - ugly yet, hopefully like their gloves, highly functional..

For that price, it's disposable if I don't like it so one is inbound...

Posts: 824 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Looks like a cheaply made cover for a water bottle.

I'd get a real cover. Coletac, BPG, Armageddon Gear, etc.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a set when they were on sale at SPG. They are okay for light duty, I tighten the cord over the back of the suppressor otherwise it will walk forward over the muzzle. I've read that they can melt to the suppressor and for some reason the tags are not heat resistant either. I use the suppressor sleeve mostly on my 300 blk where I know it won't get too hot. Mostly I just consider it slightly classier than using an oven mit or pot holder.

Posts: 314 | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post